The Forestry O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Forestry are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Forestry makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Forestry in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Forestry and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Forestry in our universities and polytechnics.
Forestry is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Forestry or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Forestry but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Forestry are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Forestry in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Forestry
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Forestry (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Forestry in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Forestry
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FORESTRY
Also, in the quest to study Forestry, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Forestry as a course. Say for example; the three (3) universities listed below are not just known for studying Forestry but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FORESTRY
Studying Forestry as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and one of Physics, Economics, Further Mathematics and Statistics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Forestry before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Forestry:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and Biology or Agric Science or Zoology or Botany.
UTME Subject combination for Forestry:
- Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Physics or Mathematics
CUT OFF MARK FOR FORESTRY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Forestry due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FORESTRY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Forestry and the JAMB approved subject combination for Forestry as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.