The Food Science O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Food Science are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Food Science makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Food Science in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Food Science and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Food Science in our universities and polytechnics.
Food Science is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Food Science or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Food Science but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Food Science are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Food Science in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Food Science
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Food Science (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Food Science in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Food Science
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FOOD SCIENCE
Also, in the quest to study Food Science, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Food Science as a course. Say for example; the two (2) universities listed below are not just known for studying Food Science but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FOOD SCIENCE
Studying Food Science as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics, Basic Catering and Food Services, Bakery and Confectionaries, Hotel & Catering Crafty course (Cookery), Hotel & Catering Craft Course (Food /Drinks Services) and Basic Electricity.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Food Science before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Food Science:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Physics/Agric Science/Botany/Zoology.
UTME Subject combination for Food Science:
- Chemistry, Mathematics/ Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science
CUT OFF MARK FOR FOOD SCIENCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Food Science due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FOOD SCIENCE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Food Science and the JAMB approved subject combination for Food Science as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.