The Food Science and Engineering O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Food Science and Engineering are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Food Science and Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Food Science and Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Food Science and Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Food Science and Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Food Science and Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Food Science and Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Food Science and Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Food Science and Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Food Science and Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Food Science and Engineering
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Food Science and Engineering (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Food Science and Engineering in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Food Science and Engineering
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FOOD SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Food Science and Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Food Science and Engineering as a course. Say for example; the ten (10) universities listed below are not just known for studying Food Science and Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FOOD SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Studying Food Science and Engineering as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language and any other Science subject.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Food Science and Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Food Science and Engineering:
- A Level passes in two (2) of Physics Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes.
UTME Subject combination for Food Science and Engineering:
- Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics or Biology.
CUT OFF MARK FOR FOOD SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Food Science and Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FOOD SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – TECH-IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Food Science and Engineering and the JAMB approved subject combination for Food Science and Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.