Finance O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Finance are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Finance makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Finance in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Finance and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Finance in our universities and polytechnics.
Finance is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Finance or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Finance but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Finance are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Finance in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Finance
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Finance (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Finance in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Finance
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FINANCE
Also, in the quest to study Finance, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Finance as a course. Say for example; the two (2) universities listed below are not just known for studying Finance but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FINANCE
Studying Finance as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include: English Language, Mathematics and any other subjects. For NBC, the other two (2) relevant subjects could be from any of the following; Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Economics
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Finance before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Finance:
- Two (2) A Level passes chosen from Accounting, Economics, Management, Mathematics, Geography and Statistics
UTME Subject combination for Finance:
- Mathematics, Economics, plus any one of Government and Geography.
CUT OFF MARK FOR FINANCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Finance due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FINANCE
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – AUN
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Finance and the JAMB approved subject combination for Finance as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.