NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering for all Polytechnics in Nigeria is now available for free download in PDF. All Polytechnics be it private or public operating in Nigeria are mandated to operate with the NBTE approved curriculum for Computer Engineering according to the NBTE as this brings about uniformity in all polytechnics in Nigeria. However, Polytechnic lecturers are at liberty to choose their teaching methods so long as the message is passed across to the students in ways they can comprehend what is being taught by the lecturer.
From all indications, there has been an increase in the search for NBTE approved curriculum for Computer Engineering for ND and HND fresh and returning students. The information provided here has been designed specifically for lecturers, students, Rectors as well as the general public who might be needing the curriculum for various needs especially for study and research purposes.
This post will educate all persons who are in the teaching field about the current NBTE approved curriculum for Computer Engineering for ND 1 and 2 which covers all the topics meant for both first and second semester for the 2021/2022 academic session. It provides in clear terms, what is expected by the National Board for Technical Education as a body in preparing these students for the real world experience where they would be required to put in practice, knowledge acquired in your various areas of specializations.
Ideally, the NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering for ND 1 first and second semester is all encompassing as it covers all important topics and sub topics for ND 1 and 2. Oftentimes, topics are repeated in ND 2 but in a much broader perspective.
To further emphasize the important the need for having at your possession, the latest NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering is the use of this info as a checklist to ensure that all topics are treated within the prescribed period until the revision week and examination day. It covers the topics and time frame given for each topic and sub topic. It also ensures that the learning process, aims and objectives of the subject meant for that class are successfully accomplished by the Lecturer.
Note that the curriculum for Computer Engineering for State and Government polytechnics is the same used by private Polys in Nigeria. It is the responsibility of the Rectors through various heads of departments (H.O.DS) as any polytechnic found doing otherwise during the routine visit of NBTE monitoring team would face the penalty for going against this directive.
The importance of this course (Computer Engineering) cannot be overemphasized, this is one of the most important courses available under school of Managements in any polytechnic. It is a very interesting course if well lectured and having the NBTE approved scheme of work makes it even easier because, as a student, you are well aware of the topics to be treated for the semester and session as a whole.
This post carries weight because it provides in full, details about the current NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering for ND 1 first and second semester. I have the complete curriculum for Computer Engineering of work for ND 1 and ND 2 as well as HND 1 & 2 for the complete session. However I believe it would be better to break it down course per ND and HND level to avoid over clumsiness.
For those interested in how to register and start up a private Polytechnic in any state in Nigeria, it is important you go through the NBTE approved guidelines for establishing private polytechnic as this would guide you through the process and give you firsthand information on all requirements that must be put in place before your school can be approved by the Federal Executive Council.
Please note that NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering 2021/2022 academic session has been made available in PDF format for FREE because of the size of the document. You can download this file and have at your disposal for reference purposes at your convenience.
What You Stand To Gain from This Post
- The current NBTE approved Curriculum for all courses offered in Polytechnics in Nigeria
- NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering ND 1 for first semester.
- NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering for ND 2 second semester.
- NBTE approved curriculum for 2021/2022 academic session.
- General entry requirements for Computer Engineering for ND 1.
NBTE CURRICULUM FOR COMPUTER ENGINEERING ND 1 & 2
The National Diploma Programme in Computer Engineering Technology is designed to produce computer technician to install, maintain and repair computer system software, hardware and its peripherals. More specifically, diplomats of the programme should be able to:
1) Draw the layout for computers installation and networking;
2) Set up computer systems for installation, configuration and operation;
3) Set up computer networks for installation configuration and operation;
4) Use appropriate instruments and software to carry out simple tests and measurements on all subsystems in a computer and its peripherals;
- Computer Hardware;
- Computer Software; and
5) Carry out routine maintenance and repair of:
6) Construct simple computer circuit;
7) Develop simple programming codes
8) Write technical reports; and
9) Manage a small
(DISCUSS THE VERBS WITH DANMOWA)
1) Draw and map out the layout for computers installation and networking;
2) Set up, install, configure and operate computer system;
3) Set up, install, configure and operate computer networks;
4) Select and use appropriate instruments and software to carry out simple tests and measurements on all subsystems in a computer and its peripherals;
4) Carry out routine maintenance and repair of:
- Computer Hardware;
- Computer Software; and
5) Construct and test simple computer circuit;
6) Develop simple programming codes;
7) Write and present technical reports; and
8) Set up and manage a small
The NBTE curriculum for ND Computer Engineering is available for download below. All that is needed of you is to click the download button and save to your mobile or desktop device for use at any time you deem necessary.
To download the PDF file for NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering, click on the download link below and save to your personal device.
Download ⇒ NBTE Curriculum for Computer Engineering (ND) – PDF Document.
Do you have any questions as regards the NBTE curriculum for Computer Engineering for first, second third and fourth semester? Please feel free to reach out to us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Kindly assist others in getting this piece of vital information by sharing, using the social media buttons at your disposal.