NBTE curriculum for General Studies also known as GNS for ND I, ND II, HND I and HND II for all Polytechnics in Nigeria is now available for free download. All Polytechnics be it private or public operating in Nigeria are mandated to operate with the NBTE approved curriculum for General Studies according to the as this brings about uniformity in all polytechnics in Nigeria. However, Polytechnic lecturers are at liberty to choose their teaching methods so long as the message is passed across to the students in ways they can comprehend what is being taught by the lecturer.
From all indications, there has been an increase in the search for NBTE approved curriculum for General Studies for ND fresh and returning students. The information provided here has been designed specifically for lecturers, students, Rectors as well as the general public who might be needing the curriculum for various needs especially for study and research purposes.
This post will educate all persons who are in the teaching field about the current NBTE approved curriculum for General Studies for ND I, ND II, HND I and HND II which covers all the topics meant for both first and second semester for the 2022/2023 academic session. It provides in clear terms, what is expected by the National Board for Technical Education as a body in preparing you as a student all you need to know about General Studies.
To further emphasize the important the need for having at your possession, the latest NBTE curriculum for General Studies is the use of this info as a checklist to ensure that all topics are treated within the prescribed period until the revision week and examination day. It covers the topics and time frame given for each topic and sub topic. It also ensures that the learning process, aims and objectives of the subject meant for that class are successfully accomplished by the Lecturer.
Note that the curriculum for General Studies for State and Government polytechnics is the same used by private Polys in Nigeria. It is the responsibility of the Rectors through various heads of departments (H.O.DS) as any polytechnic found doing otherwise during the routine visit of NBTE monitoring team would face the penalty for going against this directive.
The importance of this course (GNS) cannot be overemphasized, this is one of the most important courses available under school of Managements in any polytechnic. It is a very interesting course if well lectured and having the NBTE approved scheme of work makes it even easier because, as a student, you are well aware of the topics to be treated for the semester and session as a whole.
This post carries weight because it provides in full, details about the current NBTE curriculum for GNS for ND I ND II, HND I and HND II first and second semester. I have the complete curriculum for General Studies of work for ND for the complete session. However I believe it would be better to break it down course per ND and HND level to avoid over clumsiness.
For those interested in how to register and start up a private Polytechnic in any state in Nigeria, it is important you go through the NBTE approved guidelines for establishing private polytechnic as this would guide you through the process and give you firsthand information on all requirements that must be put in place before your school can be approved by the Federal Executive Council.
Please note that NBTE curriculum for General Studies 2022/2023 academic session has been made available in PDF format for FREE because of the size of the document. You can download this file and have at your disposal for reference purposes at your convenience.
What You Stand To Gain from This Post
- The current NBTE approved Curriculum for all courses offered in Polytechnics in Nigeria
- NBTE curriculum for General Studies ND I for first semester.
- NBTE curriculum for General Studies for ND II second semester.
- NBTE approved curriculum for GNS ND I ND II, HND I and HND II.
NBTE CURRICULUM FOR GENERAL STUDIES ND & HND
The goals of the General Studies programme at ND and HND levels are:
- To provide a broad-based education designed to sharpen students’ communication skills, their realization of the need for cross-fertilization of ideas and the inter-relatedness of the various disciplines as well as bridging the gap between what would have been otherwise two separate cultures, i.e. the literary and the scientifi
- To inculcate the idea of national loyalty and understanding based on an awareness of the nation’s roots and cultural antecedents, thus enabling students to come to grip with our societal morals, national aspirations, values and problems;
- To produce a citizenry conscious of its role in a wider world, proud of its antecedents and prepared for effective leadership role in diversified fields in the society, thereby ensuring a positive contribution to national integration and greatness.
GUIDES TO THE USE OF THE SYLLABUS
In order to achieve the goals spelt out for the General studies programme in the National Diploma and Higher National Diploma in Polytechnics and similar institutions in the country, all National Diploma and Higher National Diploma students shall take the courses provided in English Language and Communication compulsorily. The details are as follows:
- GNS 101 and 102 are for the first and second semesters of ND I, respectively;
- GNS 201 and 202 are for the first and second semesters of ND II, respectively;
- GNS 301 and 302 are for the first and second semesters of HNDI, respectively;
- GNS 401 and 402 are for the first and second semesters of HND II, respectively.
The NBTE curriculum for ND General Studies is available for download below. All that is needed of you is to click the download button and save to your mobile or desktop device for use at any time you deem necessary.
To download the PDF file for NBTE curriculum for General Studies, click the download link below then save to your personal device.
DOWNLOAD ⇒ NBTE Curriculum for General Studies – PDF
Do you have any questions as regards the NBTE curriculum for General Studies for ND I, ND II, HNDI & HND II for the complete academic session. Please feel free to reach out to us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Kindly assist others in getting this piece of vital information by sharing, using the social media buttons at your disposal.