Nursing is fast becoming one of the most sought after courses in Nigeria, yearly the National Midwifery Council of Nigeria have had the course to accredit Nursing as a course in various tertiary institutions which covers Private universities, states and federal universities in Nigeria.
Upon graduation from the university, a Bachelor of Nursing degree (BSN) is awarded to deserving students but in the case of a graduate of School of Nursing, an Registered Nurse (RN) certification is awarded to nursing students.
There is this rush for Federal nursing schools in Nigeria by aspiring student Nursing students because of the mindset of them being better equipped and its affordability when compared to states and private universities that offers Nursing.
This post contains the list of all universities in Nigeria which includes:
- States Universities in Nigeria offering Nursing
- Federal universities offering Nursing in Nigeria
- Private universities offering Nursing degree programmes in Nigeria
You can go through the list and make your selection but please note that you can easily gain admission into any of the approved school of Nursing in Nigeria or university that is within your catchment area.
Entry Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigerian Universities:
The entry requirements for gaining admission to study Nursing in any Nigerian university of school of Nursing entails the following as seen below:
- Candidate must be 16 years and above, some institution places the age limit as 18years and above to qualify for studying Nursing.
- Candidates must have completed your secondary school education with 5 (Five) credits which are inclusive of English, mathematics, chemistry, biology or health science.
- Pass the cut off mark for Nursing in the University of his or her choice
- Possess the relevant documents as required by the institution
Without deviating from the onus of this post, we have done a thorough research on the list of Universities in Nigeria Offering Nursing In Nigeria, at the end of this, prospective nursing students should be clear about the following:
List of Universities In Nigeria That Offers Nursing As A Course
1) Abia State University, Uturu
2) Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti
3) Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
4) Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
5) Bayero University, Kano
6) Delta State University, Abraka
7) Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
8) Evan Enwerem University, Owerri
9) Igbinedion University, Okada
10) Ladoke Akintola University of Science and Technology, Ogbomosho
11) Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island
12) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
13) University of Benin, Benin City
14) University of Calabar, Calabar
15) University of Ibadan, Ibadan
16) University of Ilorin, Ilorin
17) University of Jos, Jos
18) University of Lagos, Lagos
19) University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri
20) University of Nigeria, Nsukka
21) University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
22) Bowen University
23) Madonna University
24) Lead City University (LCU)
25) Achievers University
26) Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
27) Covenant University
28) Babcock University
29) Benue State University (BSU)
30) Ekiti State University
31) National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
32) Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State (OOU)
33) Caleb University.
The above are the accredited universities in Nigeria that offers Nursing, please note that your inputs are highly valued.
If you have any question or input as regards the above subject, kindly send to us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
You can also subscribe to our blog to get news updates on all schools of Nursing and universities in Nigeria that offers Nursing.
OTHER RELATED POSTS