What is History and Political Studies? Why do candidates go for History and Political Studies? is it the passion for the course or the intentional evasion of Mathematics and other calculation courses? what is the reason for the increase in the search for universities that offer History and Political Studies? The above questions are still lingering in the minds of many till date.
Truth be told, some students choose courses based on the JAMB approved subject combination requirements and information gotten from people as regards the schools that offer the course. History and Political Studies is selected in a bid to evade any subject that involves calculations. many student look for courses like History and Political Studies, Sociology, Law and some Arts related courses that do not require mathematics.
In this post, you will see the list of schools that offer History and Political Studies, the subject combinations, cut off mark as well as the entry requirements for the course.
History and Political Studies is a course offered in most tertiary institutions in Nigeria, It is a course under the faculty of Art managed by the Department of History and Political Studies. The importance attached to this post is immeasurable as students during their UTME registration, search for the list of universities offering History and Political Studies so as to make an informed decision on making a sensible choice based on their catchment area.
Aside checking for universities or polytechnics offering History and Political Studies as a course, you need to be sure of the correct O’Level and JAMB subject combination for studying History and Political Studies because in the past, candidates who have ignored this move were either forced to change their school or lost out on the admission for that academic session. So we candidly advice you take the following information in this post Seriously.
To study History and Political Studies in any of the under listed universities, candidates must meet the following basic entry requirements:
a) Must have obtained a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level credits in the following subjects; History and Political Studies, Government or History and Political Studies and three or four other subjects in not more than 2 sittings.
b) Pass the cut off mark for the university or polytechnic of his or her choice. We advice you score a minimum of 250 and above as this gives you a greater chance of gaining admission to study History and Political Studies into your preferred choice of institution.
The above are the basic requirements from the list of Universities Offering History and Political Studies. Though other requirements will be communicated to you by the schools when you register for their post UTME admission forms.
List of Accredited Universities That Offer History and Political Studies In Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA)
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Admiralty University, Ibusa (ADUN)
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden (AKSU)
- Adeleke University, Ede (AUE)
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo (BU)
- Bowen University, Iwo (BU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Chrisland University, Owode
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli (COOU)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin (EUI)
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo (ECU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko (EPU)
- Evangel University, Akaeze (EVANGEL)
- Federal University Gashua (FUGASHUA)
- Federal University, Gusau (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI)
- Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University, Anyigba (KSU)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Plateau State University, Bokkos (PLASU)
- Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil (NPA)
- Redeemer’s University, Nigeria (RUN)
- Renaissance University, Agbani (RNU)
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa (SLUK)
- University of Africa Toru Orua, Bayelsa State (UAT)
- Hezekiah University, Umudi (UNIHEZ)
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Veritas University, Abuja (VUNA)
- Zamfara State University (ZASU)
The above list is a mixture of private, state and federal universities currently offering History and Political Studies, this means candidates, Parents or Guardians can make a choice from the above. Most often, it is easier to study the choice of your course when you select a school that is within your Catchment area.
For example, candidates who is from Delta state and selects History and Political Studies in UNIBEN stands a greater chance of gaining admission to study the course than a candidate who hails from Lagos state or Sokoto state. Many students make the mistake of just selecting randomly without applying the Catchment area principle though this does not apply to Private Universities.
In summary, if you must select a state or Federal university, choose your state or school that falls within your catchment area for you to stand a huge chance of studying History and Political Studies or any course of your choice.
Hope the above is well understood? if you are still not clear as regards the list of schools or universities that offers History and Political Studies and their admission requirements, you can get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.