The National Open University of Nigeria popularly known as “NOUN” is an institute of Distant Learning established originally in the year 1983 by the Nigerian Federal Government for the purpose of creating an equal platform where despite their social backgrounds; each student will have the opportunity to learn at his/her own pace.
How To Apply For Admission In National Open University of Nigeria Admission
These steps will aid and inform all aspiring candidates on how to gain admission in to National Open University (NOUN). Take note that all applicants must apply online (e-registration) as mandated by the school board. The admission process id exclusively online through the schools portal which is active 24/7 all year long; registration can be carried out anywhere at any time. NOUN offers the following programmes to all its applicants:
- Certificate Programme
- Diploma Programme
- Undergraduate Programme
- Post Graduate Diploma Programme
- Masters Degree Programme
- Doctor of Philosophy Programme.
For full details on national open university accredited courses, visit their official website www.nou.edu.ng or call 012796686.
STEP1: Before filling the national open university of Nigeria application form, candidates are required to pay a registration fee at one of the designated banks. All payment associated with admission into NOUN are to be made to one of the approved banks.
Names of Banks and Account numbers are as follows:
- First City Monument Bank- 067680617
- Skye Bank- 1790047324
- Zenith Bank- 1012587322
- Ecobank Plc- 0005701770
NOTE: Candidates are expected to verify all account number at the banks, as the school will not be held liable for any wrong transactions during the process of payment.
STEP 2: Candidates are expected to pay the following fees for the NOUN admission forms; each program has its specific fee.
- Undergraduate Programmes- 5,000 naira( Five thousand naira only)
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes- 7,500( Seven thousand five hundred naira only)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes- 10,000 naira(Ten thousand naira only)
NOTE: When making payments, candidates are expected to ask specifically for a NOUN TELLER.
STEP 3: After successful payments, candidates are to obtain the Application pin code which is equivalent to the amount paid to the bank.
STEP 4: When the steps listed above have been completed, candidates are to visit the official NOUN website www.nou.edu.ng and click on the tab which says “APPLICATION FORM”.
STEP 5: After loading the APPLICATION FORM webpage, candidates are to use the Application Pin obtained from STEP 3 to access their personalized NOUN APPLICATION FORM.
STEP 6: Candidates are to fill the form with the required details and information correctly. The form should be crosschecked and mistakes edited. After accurate details have been edited, press the “SUBMIT BUTTON” which will be located at the bottom of the displayed page.
STEP 7: When the APPLICATION FROM has been successfully submitted, candidates can proceed to printing out their provisional admission letter if qualified.
ALTERNATIVELY, You could follow these steps below
- Visit the site www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Goto “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
As at the time of writing this article on how to gain admission into National Open University (NOUN), no closing date has been announced by the school board and the application form is still available on the national open university student portal.
The National open university school fees can also be found on the portal.
You can also visit the NOUN office at NO. 14/16 Ahmadu Bello Way Victoria Island, Lagos.
The above are the steps required for applying for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria. The NOUN application form is readily available online for any candidate who is interested in furthering their career in this institution.
If you have any questions as regards NOUN admission form for 2020/2021 academic session, please feel free to reach us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Best of luck in your application.