The Abia State University also known as ABSU was established in 1981. It’s been confirmed till date that ABSU is one of the state schools that receives the highest request for admission from both UTME and Direct Entry applicants seeking admission into ABSU’s undergraduate degree programmes for the current academic session. Please be informed that ABSU pots UTME and DE screening admission form for 2020/2021 academic session is out on sale online via the university’s website.
Recent findings have shown that at least 5% of the total JAMB applicants from the east select the ABSU as their preferred choice of university yearly. This number can be confirmed from the sale of ABSU post UTME screening form every academic session.
In this post, we will be discussing everything about ABSU post UTME and Direct Entry screening application form for 2020/2021 academic session, how to apply for ABSU post UTME form online via ABSU’s portal, the cost of ABSU’s post UTME form and the closing date for submission of all completed ABSU post UTME and DE forms for 2020/2021 academic session.
ABSU post UTME screening admission form for this academic session is not different from the previous sessions except some slight changes which in most cases do not even surface. Before going into details as regards ABSU post UTME screening application form for 2020/2021 academic session, we shall be looking at the most frequently asked questions about ABSU post UTME screening application forms by past and present applicants. Listing and answering these FAQs would greatly assist applicants who must have had similar questions about ABSU post UTME screening application forms in mind before now.
ABSU Post UTME Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who chose Abia State University as their 1st choice, 2nd choice and those who did not choose the University at all in the UTME, but want to change on JAMB platform.
- Candidates who scored 160 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates who possess the basic five O’level credit passes in accordance with the University’s Entry Requirements.
- Candidates with Awaiting Results can also apply, but should so indicate.
Below are the list of FAQ on ABSU’s post UTME forms;
Is ABSU admission screening form out?
How much is ABSU post UTME form?
When will ABSU’s Direct Entry and post UTME forms be out?
Please when is the post UME for ABSU starting?
Please i want to know if the registration is on progress?
Please when is ABSU post UTME screening date?
When will ABSU post utme exams commence?
How do I upload my WAEC result to ABSU portal for my post UTME?
Please what is an acknowledgment slip?
When will ABSU direct entry form be out
What and what are we to bring to the post UTME screening test venue
Will there be any make up post UTME test for candidates that miss the post UTME screening test?
|FAQs on ABSU Post UTME Screening Application Form||Answers To FAQs on ABSU Post UTME forms|
|Is ABSU admission screening form out?||ABSU post UTME form for this academic session is out.|
|When will ABSU direct entry and post UTME forms be out?||The management of ABSU usually releases the sale of ABSU post UTME and Direct Entry forms together. It forms are usually released on sale towards the end of 2nd semester of every academic session.|
|Please when is the post UME for ABSU starting?||The date for ABSU’s post UTME screening exercise is usually communicated via their online publication as shown below in this post.|
|Please i want to know if the registration is on progress?||Currently the post UTME registration has closes|
|Please when is ABSU post UTME screening date?||The date for ABSU’s post UTME screening exercise is Monday, 24th August to Monday, 7th September, 2020 online.|
|When will ABSU post utme exams commence?||The same answer for Question 6 applies to this.|
|How do I upload my WAEC result to ABSU portal for my post UTME||The process of uploading your O’level result on ABSU portal has been explained below under the sub topic: How To Apply for ABSU Post UTME screening application form online.|
|Please what is an acknowledgment slip?||It is a document that must be carried along to the post UTME screening test venue to confirm you successfully applied for ABSU’s post UTME application form.|
|When will ABSU direct entry form be out||This is at the discretion of the management of ABSU. Ideally, the ABSU DE forms are released on same date with the post UTME forms.|
|What and what are we to bring to the post UTME screening test venue?||You are to carry along to the centre your Acknowledgement slip and Screening Invitation Slip that contains the screening schedule.|
|Will there be any make up post UTME test for candidates that miss the post UTME screening test?||No there shall be NO MAKE UP test for any candidate that misses his or her chances of participating in ABSU’s post UTME screening test.|
The above are the most frequently asked questions on ABSU post UTME screening application forms and the best possible answers. Go through them carefully and you can never be wrong with those answers.
Now in details, ABSU’s post UTME form comes out every academic session and many of you just rush without waiting to confirm if you are eligible to apply or buy the form which is the reason most get stuck in the middle of the registration process.
Before applying for ABSU’s post UTME screening form you must meet the following requirements and eligibility criteria as listed below;
- Correct O’level Requirements
- ABSU’s Age Requirement
- ABSU’s Cut Off Mark
- Courses Offered in ABSU
Correct O’Level Requirement
Upon release of ABSU post UTME screening application forms, many applicants just jump at it without confirming if ABSU accepts AR (Awaiting Results). Let it be clear to you now, ABSU DOES NOT accept awaiting result. You must have the complete O’level result of 5 credit passes which ideally must include mathematics and English language plus any other 3 relevant subjects as it relates to your course of study. Check HERE for list of JAMB approved courses and their correct subject combination.
ABSU Age Requirement
Yes there is an age limit for admission into the University of Lagos. Ideally you are supposed to be up to 18 years and above to before you can be admitted into any higher institution in Nigeria but times have changed. If you are 16 years and above, you can gain admission into ABSU. However some departments would require you are up to 17 years of age at least. In ABSU if you are 16 years and above can purchase their post UTME forms and participate in the screening exercise.
ABSU Cut Off Mark
If you do not meet up ABSU’s minimum cut off mark please DO NOT bother purchasing their post UTME form because your application will not be accepted and your money is as good as being wasted because ABSU do not refund screening application forms fee. You must score at least 160 and above to be eligible to apply for ABSU post UTME form. If you do not meet this score please do not bother asking if anything can be done because we receive questions from candidates who scored below 200, for example 180, 199, 150 170 160 and the likes asking if they can purchase and register for ABSU post UTME screening form, the answer is NO you cannot apply because you did not meet the minimum required JAMB cut off mark for ABSU.
Courses Offered In ABSU
You must confirm the courses offered in ABSU before applying for ABSU post UTME and Direct Entry form. This is supposed to be done when you are registering for JAMB and not even during when you want to apply for ABSU’s post UTME or DE form. However if you have already made this mistake you will have to purchase a change of course and institution form and follow the procedure required to change your course and institution and you are good to participate in the post UTME and DE screening test.
Having taken cognizance of the above, it is time to purchase and register for ABSU post UTME and direct entry application screening form for 2020/2021 academic session. We have broken down the step by step procedures required to successfully register for the online application form below. You can as well beging your application process via the links provided as soon as the portal is made available for post UTME and DE eligible candidates.
How to Apply for ABSU Post UTME Admission Form 2020/2021 Session
To apply for ABSU post UTME admission form, candidates are expected to follow the steps below:
1) Candidates are expected to register for the Screening Exercise online by logging into ABSU website and making e-payment of Two thousand Naira (N2,000) only, in any of the following Banks:
- ABSU Microfinance Bank
- Ecobank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- First Bank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- Union Bank Plc
2) Candidates should ensure that their correct details are captured during the application for the Post-UTME screening test.
3) Candidates are not required to upload any photograph or biometric capture, as pictures and biometric of candidates have been supplied by JAMB.
4) Candidates who do not register for the Post UTME Screening Exercise will not be considered for Admission.
5) However, Foreign candidates, Inmates of Correctional Centers (Prisons), as well as, Blind and Deaf candidates are exempted from the Post UTME Screening Exercise.
6) The Registration for the Screening Exercise will commence on Monday, 20th July and end Friday, 21st August, 2020.
SCHEDULE FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
1) The Post-UTME Screening Exercise will take place from *Monday, 24th August to Monday, 7th September, 2020 online.
2) Candidates are requested to please note that the Screening Exercise is as scheduled in the Screening Exercise slip they printed out after the online registration.
3) Candidates are required to stick to the Examination dates and time on the test slip printed out during the online registration, as consideration will not be given to those who fail to login and take the screening test on the scheduled date and time.
4) Candidates should note that taking the test on their GSM phones or its use as a hotspot is not advisable, as incoming calls may cause serious obstruction.
5) Candidates are advised to ensure that they have internet connectivity before the scheduled time of their examinations.
6) Further details about the Screening Exercise can be obtained online at *www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng
7) It is important to note that the names of successful candidates for Admission shall be published on the same site (www.abaistateuniversity.edu.ng).
The management of ABSU hereby uses this medium to wish all candidates a successful online registration exercise.
Complete the Application Form, ensure you upload a clear passport photograph to avoid rejection of candidate and download a copy as an evidence of registration.
Closing Date for Submission of Completed Forms Online
Please note that all forms are expected to be submitted on or before 11:59 PM on Friday, 21st August, 2020.
The above are the university’s approved steps in applying for ABSU post UTME form for this current academic session hence should be take seriously.
In addition to the above, candidates that need further clarifications as regards ABSU post UTME form for 2020/2021 academic session and the processes involved, can reach us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Kindly share this post via FACEBOOK, WHATSAPP or TWITTER icons as seen below for others to benefit from. You could also subscribe if you wish to start receiving email alerts from the University of Lagos.
Best of luck to all candidates.