UNN inter university transfer form has been a subject of debate for various reasons which shall be explained on this page below. Admission into higher institutions in Nigeria is a big deal and that’s because of the admission process every secondary school leavers are obliged to undertake in furthering their education. In this blog post, we will be giving out information as regards UNN inter-university transfer form and the step by step procedure on how to go about the application process.
The term ‘inter’ means open systems among groups with common interests, while Intra is a prefix used to form words that means ‘on the inside, within’. For example, Inter University simply means, between two or more different universities, while intra simply talks about within the university as a closed system.
UNN inter-university transfer form comes into play where students for one reason or another decide to switch institutions. That is, from a university to another university only, the form does not cover for transfers from one polytechnic to another university.
What You Stand To Gain From This Post:
- How to apply for UNN inter-university transfer form
- Steps and procedures for applying for UNN inter university transfer form
- The top 7 reasons student request for inter university transfer form
- All you need to know about UNN inter faculty transfer forms and how to apply
- Who is eligible to apply for UNN transfer form and why
There are 7 major reasons students change or rather request for an inter university transfer form from their current university to another university:
You should be familiar about students wanting to transfer from one university to another, you might be wondering why such move is needed judging from the rigorous processes these students must have undergone before gaining admission into their current institution. Below are some of the top 7 reasons students request for inter university transfer forms.
1) The course offered has been dis-accredited by the NUC in d case of a university.
2) The course they were supposed to offer wasn’t given to them and since there is no slot for their preferred course in the department in their current university, they request for an inter-university transfer form from the school they are switching to and start the process. For example, if the course given to Mary isn’t what she registered for in her JAMB due to her cut off mark or post UTME score not high enough, she would most likely be given another course if there are available slots in other departments within the same faculty. Mary definitely would prefer to transfer to the department after 100Level but if there is no slot in the department, Mary would rather request for Federal University Of Nigeria Nsukka inter-university transfer form or any other University that is offering the course she desires and apply by going through the process as discussed below.
3) Cost of tuition fee in their current university can necessitate a student to transfer to another school. There have been cases where school fees are increased by 100% and students with financial challenges would rather take either a UNN inter university transfer form or any school with cheap school fees that offers their course and follow the process. The only issue here is that if such student is above 200 level, an inter university transfer will not be possible.
4) Cult related issues are one of the factors many student switch to another school. They either go and write JAMB over again or purchase the UNN inter university transfer form and any university of their choice and follow the process required.
5) Some student pick up the transfer form based on the school environment. Some just request for UNN inter-university transfer form because of the news and information they must have heard about life in University Of Nigeria Nsukka.
6) Social influence and peer pressure is also a factor for request of UNN inter university transfer form.
7) Persistent sexual demands by lecturers from female students and other related factors is another major reason students change institutions, hence UNN inter university transfer form becomes necessary.
The good news is that UNN accept students from other recognized universities so long as such student meet the institution’s admission requirements.
Before an inter university transfer form to University Of Nigeria Nsukka can be completed, the management of UNN shall investigate the reason for your transfer and confirm that your admission into the school you are transferring from is genuine and conforms with their own standard.
UNN Inter University transfer form is readily available every academic session for students from other recognized universities in Nigeria who must have gained admission via the 3 most recognized methods as seen below. Before we go into details on how to apply for UNN inter university transfer form, that is, transferring from your current university to University Of Nigeria Nsukka, lets discuss the modes of admission into the school.
Admission of students into UNN (University Of Nigeria Nsukka) is made possible via these 3 methods:
1) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
2) Direct Entry
3) Diploma or JUPEB Programmes
These three methods will be explained briefly below proper understanding four candidates who wish to utilize any of the underlisted;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination: Candidates who used to make use of this method must possess credit passes in five relevant subjects the senior secondary school certificate examination all the general certificate examination also known as GCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The subjects should include English language and mathematics the three other credits depends on the departmental requirements.
- Direct Entry: Candidates using direct entry as a means of gaining admission into UNN must have obtained at least two GCE advanced a-level passes in addition to the UTME requirements above.
- Diploma or Pre-degree Programmes: Successful candidates who passed the competitive qualifying examination after undergoing an intensive 9 months pre-degree program or 2 years diploma programme will be admitted into specific degree options as related to the course registered.
Having understood the methods of gaining admission into UNN, it would be pertinent to divulge all necessary information that would enable your transfer from your current institution to UNN a reality.
UNN INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER FORM: How To Transfer From Your Current University To UNN
Here are the Guidelines or steps to be followed as regards UNN inter-university transfer
- Transfer students shall possess the minimum University of Nigeria and Departmental entry requirements prior to entry into the university from where they are seeking transfer.
- Transfer students shall make a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 5.00 point scale to quality for consideration and should not have spent more than two (2) academic sessions in his or her former university.
- The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 4% of the departmental admission quota in any one year.
- Application should be accompanied by student’s transcript. Entrance Board member(s) would be sent to the university from where transfer is being sought for verification of the transcript or on-line verification as the case may be,
- At any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the student(s), such student(s) shall be withdrawn from the university.
- Disciplinary action shall be taken against any officer of the university found colluding with or circumventing the process of the transfer.
- A transfer student is required to possess a JAMB score which is not less than the minimum score of UNN students admitted into his department in his admission year.
- He must transfer into the same course as he studied in his university.
- Transfer student must not be admitted beyond second (2nd) year for all programmes in the university.
- A transfer student must be a current student of the university from which he seeks transfer.
- All application for Inter – University Transfer for the 2016/2017 academic session should be received on or before 16th September, 2016.
- All recommendations for admission by transfer from Faculty shall be submitted to the Admission Office for collation and presentation to Senate Entrance Board for consideration.
The admissions office must ensure that all transcripts are properly verified and confirmed authentic and that no students coming from other University is a cult member or of questionable character.
1) Please note that UNN inter University transfer form are only allowed for students up to 200 level as any students above 200 level studying a 4 year course shall not be considered for transfer.
2) UNN will allow for transfer from other universities for students in 300 level studying Law (LLB), Medicine, Nursing (B.N.Sc.) programmes that have a duration of 5 and 6 years and above.
UNN Inter-faculty and Intra Faculty Transfer Form Application Procedure
Step 1: Visit the University of Nigeria website (unn.edu.ng) or portal (unnportal.edu.ng), log in your Telephone Number to generate and download a unique Payment Invoice for Application Processing Fee. Pay the application fee of N70,000.00 through Remita payment platform at any commercial bank. You are to generate a payment invoice which contains a Remita number; the invoice print out will enable you to make your payment at the bank.
Step 2: Visit the University of Nigeria website or portal (unn.edu.ng or unnportal.edu.ng) again and log in your Telephone number and Invoice numbers, and then complete the Inter-University Transfer Form online.
Step 3: Print the form and forward to your current University Registrar for completion of last page to confirm release from your current University.
Candidates should note that any form which is not completed on-line will not be processed.
For any student who wish to transfer from their current university to UNN must make sure he or she follow the above steps and procedures for a smooth and easy transfer process.
Hope the information provided is well understood? do you still have questions as regards UNN inter-university transfer form, and inter faculty transfer forms for those who wish to change faculties? please reach us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Best of luck in your application process.