Upon gaining admission into into university, there are requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for admission into the institution of your choice. In this case we are talking about the UNILORIN postgraduate school admission requirements.
DON’T MISS: Top 10 Masters Scholarship For Nigerian Students & How To Apply
Unilorin postgraduate school requirements as stated in the post includes requirements for PGD, MSc and PhD applicants.
Applicants are advised to read through thoroughly in order to be well informed asper how to go about in the admission process. It is also advisable to go through the list of available programmes offered in UNILORIN Postgraduate school in order to what their admission requirements entails.
Unilorin Postgraduate School Requirements For Admission
- Ph.D. Degree Programmes
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M; M.Comm.H.; and M.P.H degrees, with a minimum of 60% or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score in their Master degree programmes.
A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates. Relevant Courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
- M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes
Candidates who score between 55.00 and 59.99 percent can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme. The M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of 12 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months and a Dissertation is produced after the research work.
Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. candidature, following a progress assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration. To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. program, candidates are expected to score not less than 60% (aggregate) at the end of the first session.
- Master Degree Programmes
M.A.; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; M.Com.H., LL.M and M.P.H. degrees run for a minimum period of 24 calendar months and a maximum period of 36 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by course work. This is in addition to a research report at the end of which a Dissertation is produced
- Postgraduate Diploma Degree Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree.
Applicants are to note that programmes automatically lapse at the expiration of the prescribed maximum duration for each programme. However, a candidate may apply for an extension of not more than 12 months, in the first instance, subject to a maximum of two such extensions.
- General information
The Postgraduate session for Postgraduate programmes is 12 calendar months, commencing on 2nd October and ending on 30th September of the following year. The 12 calendar months start to count automatically from the date of first registration.
Unilorin Postgraduate School: General Requirements
- All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OR EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms on line together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- All supporting documents in (i) above and the hard copy of the application form should be forwarded to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, while the submission of Transcripts of Academic Records should be to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of the University of Ilorin and other recognized universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees.
- However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate in a qualifying examination to be conducted. The least class of Degree for all academic programme applicants is Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division). Regardless of the institution where the Bachelor’s degree is obtained. ALL candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought, before the expiration of the stated deadline in B(ii) above.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. degree programme shall have obtained a relevant Master degree of this or other recognized University, with an average weighted score of at least 60%. Short-listed candidates would be required to satisfy the Postgraduate School in the qualifying interviews and assessments by the relevant Department. Applicants are therefore advised to interact with the department to which they have applied to ascertain the date of the interview for the Ph.D. degree programme. Regardless of the Institution where the Master degree was obtained. ALL candidates must apply early for the official copy of their academic transcripts to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought for the purpose of this admission and before the expiration of the stated deadline.
- All Higher Degree candidates that attended foreign Universities, where English language is not the medium of instruction, should submit to the Postgraduate School, evidence of their English Language proficiency, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters degree Programmes will be subjected to the written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained, except applicants from the University of Ilorin with a First Class and Second Class, Upper Division (Honours).
- International applicants (Applicants who are domiciled outside Nigeria, and non-Nigerian and applying outside the country) shall be exempted from the qualifying examination. However, International applicants applying from outside the country for the Doctor of Philosophy programmes shall be requested to submit a proposal of not more than 5 pages, giving details of what research they intend to carry out. This should be sent electronically to email@example.com
- Applicants applying for any of the Full-time programme of the University should the letter of release from their employers at the point of registration.
Hope this was informative? to get latest news on Unilorin postgraduate School Requirements, you could subscribe to our blog.
OTHER RELATED POSTS
>> List of Scholarships For African Students: How To Access Them
>> University of Ilorin Postgraduate School: Available Programmes
>> Lagos Business School MBA Fees And Admission Requirements
>> University of Ibadan Post Graduate School, Courses Offered And Requirements
>> University of Abuja Postgraduate Programmes & Admission Requirements
>> Lead City University Post Graduate School: Programmes & Admission Requirements
I obtained a Bachelor of arts in Philosophy (2.1) from university of Ibadan. Am I eligible for master of public administration?
These are actually two different faculties but i think you are still qualified
Is M.Ed Linguistics available in Unilorin and can I apply for it. I have B.A. Yoruba in my first degree.
I am a hold of M.A in English Literature can I be eligible for Ph.D in strategic and Peace Studies?
Hello, I obtained Bsc in Mass Communications with 2.1. What course am I eligible for and when is the form for 2020 coming out
I am holder of M.A in English Literature can I be eligible for Ph.D in strategic and Peace Studies?
I’m a holder of B.Sc. Economics(2.2). Am I qualified for M.Ed Economics of Education or Sociology of Education?
You are more qualified for M.Ed Economics Education
please am a holder of B.sc Accounting Second Class Lower in National Open University of Nigeria, pls am I eligible for M.sc Accounting or related course
Please can we talk Better tolu am graduate of noun too,
Good evening,I am B.sc Ed holder in mathematics with 2.2,can I apply for M.sc mathematics unilorin?