Electrical Engineering O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering (Electrical Engineering) are mandated to make use of the same subject combination as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Electrical Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Electrical Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Electrical Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Electrical Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Electrical Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Electrical Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Electrical Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Electrical Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Electrical Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Electrical Engineering.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Electrical Engineering(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Electrical Engineering in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Electrical Engineering
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Electrical Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Electrical Engineering as a course. Say for example; The universities listed below are not just known for studying Electrical Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Studying Electrical Engineering as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Electrical Engineering in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum Five (5) SSC credit passes including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Electrical Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING:
- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Electrical Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE– ABU
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT– ABUJA
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE– BAYERO
- KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) “>KADPOLY-ABU
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE– KSUSTA
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE– KUST
- NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE– MARITIME-UNI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE– NDU
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, OFFA, KWARA STATE (AFFILIATED TO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA) “>OFFA-DEG
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE– PHC
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE– RSUST
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE– UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE– UNN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Electrical Engineering as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Electrical Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.