Chemical Sciences O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering (Chemical Sciences) are mandated to make use of the same subject combination as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Chemical Sciences makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Chemical Sciences in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Chemical Sciences and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Chemical Sciences in our universities and polytechnics.
Chemical Sciences is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Chemical Sciences or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Chemical Sciences but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Chemical Sciences are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Chemical Sciences in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Chemical Sciences.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Chemical Sciences(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Chemical Sciences in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Chemical Sciences
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR CHEMICAL SCIENCES
Also, in the quest to study Chemical Sciences, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Chemical Sciences as a course. Say for example; Since there are 4 universities listed below, they are not just known for studying Chemical Sciences but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING CHEMICAL SCIENCES
Studying Chemical Sciences as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Chemical Sciences in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Chemical Sciences before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR CHEMICAL SCIENCES:
- Chemistry and two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR CHEMICAL SCIENCES
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Chemical Sciences due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING CHEMICAL SCIENCES IN NIGERIA
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE– CRUTECH
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE– GOUU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE– OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE– OSUSTECH
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Chemical Sciences as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Chemical Sciences as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.