The need for the correct O’Level and UTME subjects combination for studying Agricultural Engineering as a course in our tertiary institutions cannot be overemphasized as candidates often times tend to ignore the importance of this subject matter thus making it difficult for them to gain admission into the university or polytechnic to study this course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Agricultural Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Agricultural Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Agricultural Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Agricultural Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Agricultural Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Agricultural Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Agricultural Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Agricultural Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Agricultural Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Agricultural Engineering.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Agricultural Engineering(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Agricultural Engineering in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Agricultural Engineering
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Agricultural Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Agricultural Engineering as a course. Say for example; ABUAD, AKSU, OAU and other universities listed below are not just known for studying Agricultural Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
Studying Agricultural Engineering as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Agricultural Engineering in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any from Introduction to Agricultural Science, Materials and Workshop Process and Machining, Tractor Layout Power Unit Under Carriage and Auto Electricity; Transmission System; Implement and Machine; Principles of Crop Husbandry and Land Use, Materials and Workshop Processes; Construction and Maintenance of Agricultural Machines; general Metal Work; General Wood Work and Building/Engineering Drawing.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Agricultural Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING:
The subjects are Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 250 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Agricultural Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 250 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING IN NIGERIA
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE– ABUAD
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE– AKSU
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE– AUE
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE– BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE– BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE– BENIN
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE– ESUTECH
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE– FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE– FUNAAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE– FUTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE– FUTO
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE– IMSU
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE– KUST
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE– KWASU
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE– LANDMARK
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE– LAUTECH
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE– MAIDUGURI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE– MAKURDI
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE– OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE– OOU
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE– TECH-IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE– UYO
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Agricultural Engineering as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Agricultural Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.