Urban and Regional Planning O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Urban and Regional Planning are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Urban and Regional Planning makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Urban and Regional Planning in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Urban and Regional Planning and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Urban and Regional Planning in our universities and polytechnics.
Urban and Regional Planning is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Urban and Regional Planning or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Urban and Regional Planning but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Urban and Regional Planning are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Urban and Regional Planning in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Urban and Regional Planning
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Urban and Regional Planning (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Urban and Regional Planning in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Urban and Regional Planning
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
Also, in the quest to study Urban and Regional Planning, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Urban and Regional Planning as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Urban and Regional Planning but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
Studying Urban and Regional Planning as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Geography, and any two (2) of Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Government, Biology, Art, History, IRK/CRK, Social Studies and Tech Drawing.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Urban and Regional Planning before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Urban and Regional Planning:
- Two (2) A LEVEL passes in Geography and Mathematics
- ND/HND upper credit in Town Planning or related programmes plus UTME requirements are accepted.
UTME Subject combination for Urban and Regional Planning:
- Mathematics, Geography and one of Economics, Physics, Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 250 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Urban and Regional Planning due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 250 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – CARITAS
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE – CRAWFORD
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – CUAB
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) “KADPOLY-ABU
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Urban and Regional Planning and the JAMB approved subject combination for Urban and Regional Planning as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.