Special Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Special Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Special Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Special Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Special Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Special Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Special Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Special Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Special Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Special Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Special Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Special Education
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Special Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Special Education in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Special Education
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Special Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Special Education as a course. Say for example; the fourteen (14) universities listed below are not just known for studying Special Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING SPECIAL EDUCATION
Studying Special Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including English Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Special Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Special Education:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Arts or Social Science subjects.
- (ii) NCE merit in Arts or Social Science subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Special Education:
- Any three (3) Subjects
CUT OFF MARK FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 225 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Special Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 225 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING SPECIAL EDUCATION
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN,PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS) – FC-PANKSHIN
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUC. (SPECIAL), OYO, OYO STATE.”>OYOSPECIAL
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Special Education and the JAMB approved subject combination for Special Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.