Science Laboratory Technology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Science Laboratory Technology are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Science Laboratory Technology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Science Laboratory Technology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Science Laboratory Technology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Science Laboratory Technology in our universities and polytechnics.
Science Laboratory Technology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Science Laboratory Technology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Science Laboratory Technology but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Science Laboratory Technology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Science Laboratory Technology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Science Laboratory Technology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Science Laboratory Technology (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Science Laboratory Technology in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Science Laboratory Technology.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Science Laboratory Technology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Science Laboratory Technology as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Science Laboratory Technology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
Studying Science Laboratory Technology as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Science Laboratory Technology before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Science Laboratory Technology:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) from Biology, Zoology or Botany.
UTME Subject combination for Science Laboratory Technology:
- Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 250 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Science Laboratory Technology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 250 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE – BASU
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Science Laboratory Technology and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Science Laboratory Technology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.