Physical and Health Education O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Physical and Health Education are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Physical and Health Education makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Physical and Health Education in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Physical and Health Education and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Physical and Health Education in our universities and polytechnics.
Physical and Health Education is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Physical and Health Education or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Physical and Health Education but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Physical and Health Education are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Physical and Health Education in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Physical and Health Education.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Physical and Health Education (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Physical and Health Education in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Physical and Health Education.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
Also, in the quest to study Physical and Health Education, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Physical and Health Education as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Physical and Health Education but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
Studying Physical and Health Education as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to English Language, Biology or its equivalent.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Physical and Health Education before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Physical and Health Education:
- Two A Level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- NCE merit in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Sanitation, Physical Education, Social work, Health Administration with overall grades of merit plus three (3) O Level credit passes/TC II merit which should include English Language.
- NCE in Biology, Health Education, and Integrated Science with a pass grade plus two (2) O’level credit passes/TC II merit passes.
- Registered Nurse plus five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language.
UTME Subject combination for Physical and Health Education:
- English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Physical and Health Education due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE. (AFFL TO OAU, ILE-IFE) – ADEYEMIDEG
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AZARE (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE) – COEA
- ISA KAITA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, DUTSINMA, KATSINA STATE (AFFL ABU ZARIA) – COED-DEG
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – EACOE-DEG
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KANO (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – EDKAN
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OBUDU (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR) – EDOBUDU
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – EDZAR
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KATSINA (AFFL TO BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO STATE) – FC-KATSINA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KONTAGORA, NIGER STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – FC-KONTAGORA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN,PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS) – FC-PANKSHIN
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GIDAN-WAYA, KADUNA STATE (AFFLIATTED TO ABU) – GIDANWAYA-DEG
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – KWCOE
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- MICHAEL OTEDOLA COL OF PRIMARY EDUC. EPE, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN) – MOCPEN
- NIGER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MINNA (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – NSCOE
- NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NSUGBE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – NSUGBE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILESA, OSUN STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – OSCOE
- SHEHU SHAGARI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, SOKOTO (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIV, ZARIA) – SHAGARI
- UMAR IBN IBRAHIM EL-KANEMI COL OF EDU, SCIENCE AND TECH, BAMA (AFFL TO UNIMAID) – UMAR
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UMAR SULEIMAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GASHUA(AFFL TO UNIMAID, MAIDUGURI) – USCOE
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WARRI (AFFLIATED TO DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA) – WARRI
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ZING, (AFFILATED TO ABU, ZARIA) – ZING-DEG.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Physical and Health Education and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Physical and Health Education as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.