Operations Research O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Operations Research are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Operations Research makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Operations Research in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Operations Research and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Operations Research in our universities and polytechnics.
Operations Research is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Operations Research or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Operations Research but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Operations Research are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Operations Research in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Operations Research.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Operations Research (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Operations Research in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Operations Research.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR OPERATIONS RESEARCH
Also, in the quest to study Operations Research, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Operations Research as a course. Say for example; the university listed below is not just known for studying Operations Research but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING OPERATIONS RESEARCH
Studying Operations Research as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry and any one of Health Science, Statistics, Physics and Geography.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Operations Research before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Operations Research:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Mathematics and any one of Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Economics or Geography.
- ND credit in Statistics or Mathematic.
UTME Subject combination for Operations Research:
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology and either Physics or Mathematics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR OPERATIONS RESEARCH
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Operations Research due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING OPERATIONS RESEARCH
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology – MAUTECH.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Operations Research and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Operations Research as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.