Mining Engineering O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Mining Engineering are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Mining Engineering makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Mining Engineering and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Mining Engineering in our universities and polytechnics.
Mining Engineering is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Mining Engineering or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Mining Engineering but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Mining Engineering are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Mining Engineering in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Mining Engineering.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Mining Engineering (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Mining Engineering in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Mining Engineering.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR MINING ENGINEERING
Also, in the quest to study Mining Engineering, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Mining Engineering as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Mining Engineering but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING MINING ENGINEERING
Studying Mining Engineering as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and any other Science subjects
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Mining Engineering before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Mining Engineering:
- A Level passes in any two (2) of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- ND upper credit in Mining Engineering/ Mineral Resources and Geological Study in addition to O’level requirements.
UTME Subject combination for Mining Engineering:
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR MINING ENGINEERING
It is advised that prospective students score up to 250 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Mining Engineering due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 250 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING MINING ENGINEERING
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE – FUTA
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Mining Engineering and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Mining Engineering as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.