Medical Laboratory Science O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Medical Laboratory Science are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Medical Laboratory Science makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Medical Laboratory Science in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Medical Laboratory Science and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Medical Laboratory Science in our universities and polytechnics.
Medical Laboratory Science is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Medical Laboratory Science or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Medical Laboratory Science but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Medical Laboratory Science are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Medical Laboratory Science in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Medical Laboratory Science.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Medical Laboratory Science (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Medical Laboratory Science in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Medical Laboratory Science.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
Also, in the quest to study Medical Laboratory Science, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Medical Laboratory Science as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Medical Laboratory Science but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
Studying Medical Laboratory Science as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Medical Laboratory Science before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Medical Laboratory Science:
- A Level passes to include Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology
UTME Subject combination for Medical Laboratory Science:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology
CUT OFF MARK FOR MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 250 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Medical Laboratory Science due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 250 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – ATIBA
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE – EVANGEL
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE – OSUMS
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO
- RHEMA UNIVERSITY, ABA, ABIA STATE – RHEMA
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Medical Laboratory Science and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Medical Laboratory Science as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.