Law O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Law are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Law makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Law in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Law and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Law in our universities and polytechnics.
Law is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Law or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Law but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Law are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Law in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Law
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Law (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Law in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Law
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR LAW
Also, in the quest to study Law, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Law as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Law but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING LAW
Studying Law as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English, Mathematics, Literature in English, Government and History
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Law before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Law:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Literature in English and any other Arts subject.
- NCE/ND/First Degree (Second Class Lower).
UTME Subject combination for Law:
- English Language, Literature in English, Government, History or any other arts or social science subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR LAW
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Law due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING LAW
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – AUN
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE – BASU
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE – BINGHAM
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – CUAB
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE – EDWIN CLARK
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE – ELIZADE
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, Abuja – NILE
- NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE – NOUN
- NOVENA UNIVERSITY, OGUME, DELTA STATE – NOVENA
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- RENAISSANCE UNIVERSITY, OJIAGU-AGBANI, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – RENAISSANCE
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE – WESTERN-DEL
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Law and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Law as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.