International Relations O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering International Relations are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for International Relations makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study International Relations in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study International Relations and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying International Relations in our universities and polytechnics.
International Relations is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study International Relations or the list of universities in Nigeria offering International Relations but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering International Relations are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying International Relations in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying International Relations
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study International Relations (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for International Relations in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers International Relations
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Also, in the quest to study International Relations, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying International Relations as a course. Say for example; the twenty nine (29) universities listed below are not just known for studying International Relations but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Studying International Relations as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language, Government or History and three (3) relevant subjects.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying International Relations before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for International Relations:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Social Science subject from Government/History, Economics, Sociology and Business Management.
UTME Subject combination for International Relations:
- Economics, Literature in English and Geography/Government/History.
CUT OFF MARK FOR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying International Relations due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- ADMIRALTY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, IBUSA, DELTA STATE – ADUN
- ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE – ANCHOR-UNI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE – CALEB
- CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY, OWODE, OGUN STATE – CHRISLAND
- CHRISTOPHER UNIVERSITY, MOWE, OGUN STATE – CHRISTOPHER
- COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – COAL-CITY
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCITY
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE – MCPHERSON
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE – MKAR
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- OBONG UNIVERSITY, OBONG, NTAK, AKWA IBOM STATE – OBONG
- ODUDUWA UNIVERSITY, IPETUMODU, OSUN STATE – ODUDUWA
- SKYLINE UNIVERSITY NIGERIA, KANO, KANO STATE – SKYLINE
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, OKUN-OWA, OGUN STATE – SOUTHWESTERN
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE – TANSIAN
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE – UNIHEZ
- KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE – UNIKINGS
- WELLSPRING UNIVERSITY, IRHIHI-OGBANEKI, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – WELLSPRING
- WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE – WESTERN-DEL
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying International Relations and the JAMB approved subject combination for International Relations as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.