Insurance O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Insurance are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Insurance makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Insurance in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Insurance and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Insurance in our universities and polytechnics.
Insurance is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Insurance or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Insurance but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Insurance are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Insurance in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Insurance
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Insurance (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Insurance in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Insurance
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR INSURANCE
Also, in the quest to study Insurance, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Insurance as a course. Say for example; the six (6) universities listed below are not just known for studying Insurance but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING INSURANCE
Studying Insurance as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any two(2) of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography and Statistics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Insurance before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Insurance:
- Two (2) A Level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics.
UTME Subject combination for Insurance:
- Mathematics, Economics and one other subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR INSURANCE
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Insurance due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING INSURANCE
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Insurance and the JAMB approved subject combination for Insurance as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.