Botany O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering (Botany) are mandated to make use of the same subject combination as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Botany makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Botany in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Botany and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Botany in our universities and polytechnics.
Botany is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Botany or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Botany but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Botany are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Botany in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Botany.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Botany(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Botany in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Botany
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR BOTANY
Also, in the quest to study Botany, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Botany as a course. Say for example; UNN, UNIZIK, UNIHEZ and other universities listed below are not just known for studying Botany but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING BOTANY
Studying Botany as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Botany in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Botany before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BOTANY:
Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject.
CUT OFF MARK FOR BOTANY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Botany due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING BOTANY IN NIGERIA
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE– AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE– ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE– ABU
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE– ACHIEVERS
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE– ADSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE– AKSU
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE– BASU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE– BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE– BENIN
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE– BINGHAM
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE– CALABAR
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE– CRAWFORD
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE– DELSU
- DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE– DOMINICAN-UNI
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE– EBSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE– FED-DUTSE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE– FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE– FED-LOKOJA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE– FUNAAB
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE– GSU
- HALLMARK UNIVERSITY, IJEBU-ITELE, OGUN STATE– HALLMARK
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE– IBADAN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE– IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE– JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE– JOS
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE– KSU
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE– KSUSTA
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE– LAGOS
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE– LAPAI
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE– LASU
- LEGACY UNIVERSITY, OKIJA, ANAMBRA STATE– LEGACY
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE– MAIDUGURI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE– MAKURDI
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE– MKAR
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE– OSUSTECH
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE– PAUL
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE– PHC
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, OKUN-OWA, OGUN STATE– SOUTHWESTERN
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE– TSUJ
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE– UDU
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE– UNIHEZ
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE– UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE– UNN
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT– VERITAS
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Botany as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Botany as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.