Geology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Geology are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Geology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Geology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Geology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Geology in our universities and polytechnics.
Geology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Geology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Geology but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Geology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Geology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Geology
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Geology (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Geology in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Geology
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR GEOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Geology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Geology as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Geology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING GEOLOGY
Studying Geology as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Geology before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Geology:
- Two (2) A Level passes from Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Geography.
UTME Subject combination for Geology:
- English Language, Geography, Mathematics and Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
CUT OFF MARK FOR GEOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Geology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING GEOLOGY
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE – ANCHOR-UNI
- ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AKPABUYO, CROSS RIVER STATE – ARTHUR-JARVIS
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE – FED-GUSAU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE – FED-KEBBI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – FED-LOKOJA
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE – FUPRE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
- SKYLINE UNIVERSITY NIGERIA, KANO, KANO STATE – SKYLINE
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Geology and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Geology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.