Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-ife school of postgraduate studies has announced the sale of OAU postgraduate forms for 2022/2023 academic session. Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-ife, popularly known as OAU was established in 1961. OAU being a Federal university, receives one of the highest request for admission from postgraduate applicants see everything about OAU Postgraduate application form for 2022/2023 academic session, how to apply for OAU Postgraduate form online via OAU’s PG portal, the cost of OAU’s Postgraduate form and the closing date for submission of all completed Postgraduate forms for 2022/2023 academic session.
We shall be breaking the process of applying for OAU Postgraduate form in a coordinated manner for ease of understanding most especially for first time applicants. However, applicants that have previously registered and participated in the previous Postgraduate screening exercise but did not make it through can equally gain form this information being posted here.
OAU postgraduate application form for this academic session is not different from the previous sessions except some slight changes which in most cases do not even surface. Before going into details as regards OAU Postgraduate form for 2022/2023 academic session, we shall be looking at the most frequently asked questions about OAU Postgraduate form by past and present PG applicants. Listing and answering these FAQs would greatly assist applicants who must have had similar questions about OAU Postgraduate form screening application forms in mind before now.
Below are the list of FAQ on OAU’s Postgraduate forms;
Is OAU postgraduate form out?
How much is OAU PG form?
When will OAU Postgraduate form be out?
Please when is OAU postgraduate screening starting?
Please I want to know if OAU postgraduate registration is in progress?
Please when is OAU Postgraduate form closing date?
Will there be an entrance exam for OAU Postgraduate School?
What are the admission requirements for OAU PG School?
Can I apply for OAU postgraduate programme without NYSC
I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for OAU postgraduate form?
|FAQs on OAU Postgraduate Application Form||Answers To FAQs on OAU Postgraduate forms|
|Is OAU Postgraduate form out?|
How much is OAU postgraduate Form?
|OAU Postgraduate form for this academic session is out.|
OAU Postgraduate Form fee for all programmes costs N15,000.00, while all Professional programmes costs N20,000.00.
|When will OAU Postgraduate forms be out?||OAU postgraduate application form for 2022/2023 session is out already|
|Please when is OAU postgraduate screening starting?||The date for OAU’s Postgraduate form screening exercise is usually communicated via their online publication as shown below in this post.|
|Please I want to know if OAU postgraduate registration is in progress?||Currently the Postgraduate form registration is still on.|
|Please when is OAU Postgraduate form closing date?||OAU PG form closing date is will be announced as soon as the form is out|
|Will there be an entrance exam for OAU Postgraduate School?||Yes there will be a screening test for all applicants|
|What are the admission requirements for OAU PG School?||Check HERE for the list of OAU PG programmes and admission requirements|
|Can I apply for OAU postgraduate programme without NYSC||The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC Discharge certificate are eligible to apply for OAU postgraduate form|
|I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for OAU postgraduate form?||No you are not eligible until your NYSC discharge certificate is ready.|
The above are the most frequently asked questions on OAU Postgraduate forms and the best possible answers. Go through them carefully and you can never be wrong with those answers.
Now in details, OAU’s Postgraduate form comes out every academic session and many of you just rush without waiting to confirm if you are eligible to apply or buy the form which is the reason most get stuck in the middle of the registration process.
Before applying for OAU’s Postgraduate form screening form you must meet the following requirements and eligibility criteria as listed below;
- Complete O’level results
- First Degree Certificate (B.Sc., M.A B.Ed., B.Engr or any HND certificate)
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
Candidates applying for a PG programme at OAU must meet the following basic admission requirements amongst others.
- Must have 5 O’Level credits including mathematics and English language and 3 other subjects relevant to their course of study.
NYSC Discharge Certificate
To apply for a post graduate programme in OAU, an NYSC discharge certificate is a must have, for those without one, a certificate of exemption from your institution is acceptable by OAU. Candidates or applicants awaiting the completion of their NYSC programmes are not eligible to apply as they would not be considered for admission.
For candidates from universities you must have possessed a first degree with a minimum of second class upper and above to apply for a Masters degree programme in any course that is relevant to the course offered in your first degree.
Candidates or applicants with 3rd class and below or HND in any course must first go through PGD (postgraduate Diploma) programme and after successfully completing the PGD programme becomes eligible to apply for a Masters degree programme in Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-ife.
After you are sure your preferred choice of PG programme is offered in OAU and have confirmed you meet the admission requirements into the institution then you can go ahead and apply for OAU postgraduate application form.
Now let’s take a look at the list of postgraduate courses offered In OAU their admission requirements. The admission requirements are listed just directly under each PG programme.
DURATION OF OAU POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
|POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME||DURATION OF PROGRAMME|
|Ph.D Programme (Full-Time):||A minimum of three (3) academic sessions, and a maximum of five (5) academic sessions.|
|Ph.D Programme (Part-Time):||A minimum of five (5) academic sessions and a maximum of eight (8) academic sessions.|
|Master’s Degree Programme (Full-Time):||The duration shall be a minimum of three (3) Semester and a maximum of Six (6) Semesters.|
|Masters Programme (Part-Time)||A minimum of three (3) academic sessions and maximum of four (4) academic sessions. Extension may be allowed for not more than one (1) academic session|
|Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)||It shall run for a minimum of one (1) academic session for Full-Time and not more than two (2) academic sessions for Part-Time|
OAU PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
An Applicant for admission to Postgraduate Diploma of the University shall be: (i) a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University with at least 3rd Class Degree. (ii) a graduate of any other approved University with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower.
(b) Master Degree Programmes:
An Applicant shall normally possess not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved University.
(c) Master of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
An Applicant shall possess first class or a very strong second class (Upper Division) with CGPA of 4.0 and above.
(d) Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes
An applicant for admission to the Ph.D. Degree programme shall be: a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved University who possesses a Master Degree with research thesis and a weighted coursework average which shall normally be not less than 60 %(B+).
In addition to the admission requirements as published, ALL Candidates should please note that in accordance with the University regulations, they must satisfy the O’ Level requirements for matriculation into first degree programmes of the Obafemi Awolowo University, i.e. Five Credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics (where required).
Applicants are required to be prepared for a short test if their Faculty/Department of choice so desired.
How To Apply for OAU Postgraduate Admission Form Online
The underlined steps are what you require in applying for OAU postgraduate form online and complete the form.
Step 1: Log on to http://apply.oaunetque.com
Step 2: Click on Create application account and use a viable personal e-mail address and password to Create an application account.
Step 3: With the e-mail and password combination, applicants should sign in and accurately fill the pages of the application form.
Step 4: Click on Remita to pay the application processing fee (ATM cards for all banks are supported)
Step 5: Applicants should forward the following relevant documents in support of their applications.
- Photocopy of University Degree Certificate
- Photocopy of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Photocopy of O’ Level Certificate(s) (WAEC/NECO)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- The original transcript obtained from the Applicant’s University plus duly completed downloaded Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduate College Transcript Label; (i)-(v) must be properly addressed to:
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Kindly note that another set of relevant documents in support of your applications as specified in (i)-(v) should also be forwarded to the Head of Department of your choice.
- Application processing fee for all programmes costs N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only) while all Professional programmes costs N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira Only).
- Application processing fee can also be paid using the OAU Postgraduate online application scratch cards.
- The progress of completed application forms can be monitored online and notification will be sent to applicants once decisions are made on the applications.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their applications by e-mail.
- All Applicants should please note that they will be bound by all the Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies at the Obafemi Awolowo University if their applications are successful.
- For additional information, visit the Postgraduate College Website at http://apply.oaunetque.com
- Sponsors such as employment agencies, Ministries, Corporations, Parastatals and Foreign Missions should advise their candidates to apply personally for application forms and multiple applications will lead to cancellation of all applications forwarded.
- Any candidate currently registered on a Postgraduate programme in this University and who applies for admission into another postgraduate programme without such a disclosure on the application form and who fails to duly withdraw from such a current programme with the approval of Senate, will automatically forfeit his studentship under the existing University Regulation.
- Applications without Transcripts will not be considered.
OAU Postgraduate Form Closing Date
The management has directed that all completed Application forms be submitted online on or before the due date
- Applicants whose original transcript does not reach us before the admission exercise begins “will not be admitted”.
- Successful candidates will receive their letters of admissions through the e-mail addresses supplied, upon payment of acceptance fee.
Hope this is well understood? do you still have any questions as regards the 2022/2023 OAU PG application form? please reach us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Best of luck in your application.