NSUK postgraduate admission application form for 2020/21 academic session is out therefore all interested candidates who wish to further their career to postgraduate level are hereby notified that applications into various Postgraduate programmes of the Nasarawa State University, Keffi currently being invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission.
Applicant are to purchase and apply for the form online via NSUK PG official website as seen below in the course of going through this information.
NSUK Postgraduate Admission Application Form 2020/21 Session Out
(ii) Candidates are advised to PRINT out the advertisement and STUDY thoroughly before COMMENCING the application procedure online.
- Faculty of Administration
Department of Accounting
Ph.D, M.Phil./Ph.D., M.Sc, Public Sector Accounting, Master in Accounting and Finance
Department of Banking & Finance
Ph.D, M.Sc, PGD,
Department of Business Administration
Ph.D, M.Phil/Ph.D, M.Sc, MBA (Accounting), MBA (Finance), MBA (Entrepreneurship), MBA (General), MBA (Human Resource Management), MBA (Management), MBA (Marketing), MBA (Management Information System), PGD.
Department of Entrepreneurship
Department of Public Administration
Ph.D, M.Phil/Ph.D, M.Sc, MPA (General), MPA (Local Government Administration), MPA (Management), MPA (Personnel Administration), MPA (Public Policy Analysis), PGD.
- Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
Ph.D Agricultural Economics, M.Sc Agricultural Economics, M.Sc Agricultural Extension, PGD Agric Economics & Extension, PGD Agric Economics & Extension Farm Management.
Department of Agronomy
Ph.D Crop Protection, Ph.D Crop Science, Ph.D Soil Science, M.Phil/Ph.D Crop Science, M.Sc Crop Protection, M.Sc Crop Science, M.Sc Soil Science, PGD Agronomy (Soil Fertility &Management Option), PGD Agronomy (Soil & Water Management Option), PGD Agronomy (Crop Product Option), PGD Agronomy (Crop Science Option).
Department of Animal Science
- Ph.D. Degree Programmes
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Sc. and LL.M degrees, with a minimum of 4.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA or equivalent 60% score in their academic Master degree programmes.
A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of six (6) semesters and a maximum period of ten (10) semesters. Relevant courses will betaken for the Ph.D. full time studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
- M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes
Candidates who score less than 4.0 CGPA or equivalent 60% score in M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. can apply for admission in to the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme.
The M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of two (2) semesters and a maximum period of four. (4) semesters.
Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. programme, candidates are expected to score not less than 4.00 CGPA at the end of the first session.
- Master Degree Programmes
M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. degrees run for a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for full-time candidates; a minimum period of 6 semesters and a maximum period of 8 semesters for part-time candidates.
All Master Degree Programmes are by coursework. This is in addition to a research report in forms of a Dissertation or Research project. HND with PGDs at upper credit may be acceptable.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree and Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum of lower credit or its equivalents.
The Diplomas run for a minimum period of 2 semesters and a maximum period of 4 semesters for full time candidates or a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for part time candidates.
- General information
The Postgraduate session for Postgraduate programmes is two (2) semesters, commencing in October and ending in September of the following year, starting from the date of first registration.
- All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OR EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of NSUK (Narasawa State University, Keffi) and other recognized Universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate All Candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, before the expiration of the deadline.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate programmes will be subjected to written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained
How to Apply
- Applicants are to visit: nsukpg.nsuk.edu.ng/nsukpg/admission/new-applicant. and follow instructions to complete their application.
- Applicant should check the University website for detailed application procedure and further information.
- Pre-Qualifying examinations date would be announced later.
Hope the above was clear enough. There are cases where readers have questions, if you do have some questions as regards NSUK postgraduate admission application form 2020/21 academic session Out , you can direct them to us via the comment section below and we shall respond in no time.
To keep getting fresh postgraduate news at your finger tips, you can subscribe to schoolings.org and stay updated.