The management of the postgraduate school of Nile University of Nigeria has rolled out the list of postgraduate courses that are offered in the institution. Every programme, be it full time or part time come with their own requirements, though there are some basic compulsory entry requirements for fresh candidates which must be adhered to in the process of application and registration.
Do you know that School of Postgraduate studies are the next line of call for students who upon graduation aspire to further their education to PGD, Masters or Ph.D level? or working professionals who seek to boost their career further?
Usually at this stage prospective PG students are not only in a fix on the choice of school of PG studies but also on the available postgraduate course or programme to select from.
One beautiful thing about Nile University of Nigeria postgraduate courses is that you are able to specialize in a sub-course, as in there are opportunities for candidates to choose an area of specialization. In the course of going through the post, you would see below, the PG courses, area of specialization, admission requirements, duration of the PG programmes for part time and full time candidates plus other important information that would aid registration process easier for fresh candidates.
Judging from the list of postgraduate courses offered in Nile University of Nigeria as seen below, you would agree with us that all categories of PG courses are offered in the institution ranging from Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programmes, Masters and Ph.D programmes so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, we are confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate courses is best tailored for your future career path.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In Nile University of Nigeria (NUN)
- Accounting – PGD
- Management – PGD
- International Relations & Diplomacy – PGD
- Economics – PGD
- Conflict,Peace & Strategic Studs – PGD
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering – PGD
- Computer Science – PGD
- Accounting – M.Sc
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering – M.Sc
- Computer Science – M.Sc
- Economics – M.Sc
- Industrial Chemistry – M.Sc
- Int’l Relation & Diplomacy – M.Sc
- Management – M.Sc
- English Language – MA
- Literature in English – MA
- Management – M.Phil
- Master of Business Admin –MBA Executive
- Conflict,Peace & Strategic Studs – M.Sc
- Management – PhD
- Computer Science – PhD
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering – PhD
- Economics – PhD
- Political Science – PhD
Duration of Postgraduate Courses At Nile University of Nigeria
The info here contains details of the duration of all available postgraduate programme offered at NUN under PGD and M.Sc level. Ph.D level, for Masters students, full time students and the expected duration of your programmes can be seen below, same applies to PGD and Ph.D students. This would help a great deal in preparing and planning your schedule of activities within these period.
|Postgraduate Programmes||Duration of Programme|
|MBA/MSC Programmes||Duration shall be a minimum of 24 calendar months.|
|M.A., M.Eng. M.Sc.||Duration shall be a minimum of 18 calendar months (FENG & FNAS).|
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)||Duration for PGD shall be minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 calendar months for full-time study.|
Kindly be informed that upon the expiration of the maximum duration for each pg programme, a candidate may apply for not more than an extra twelve (12) months extension to the Board of Postgraduate School and thereafter for one more year.
Nile University of Nigeria Graduate Requirements
- To graduate, candidates must register for courses carrying not less than 36 credits and not more than 40 credits and must earn a minimum of 36 credits including all compulsory and required courses. In addition, candidates must score not less than 50% in the weighted average of the best 36 credits which must include all compulsory and required courses.
- The final determination of the award will be based on the overall weighted average marks scored in all courses and have the following classification:
- Distinction- 70% and above
- Credits – 60% – 69.9%
- Pass- 50% – 59.9%
- Fail – 0 – 49.9%
Masters Degree Programme Requirements
- For the M.A., and M.Sc., graduates of Nile University of Nigeria or any other approved University with appropriate University degree of Bachelor with at least a Second class lower.
- Candidates for the MBA (Executive) programme are required to possess a degree from a recognized University or hold professional qualifications approved by Senate e.g. HND (Upper Credit) ICAN, ACCA, ACMA, AIB, ACIS, etc and have at least five (5) years post qualification experience.
Duration of All PG Programmes
- For the M.A., M.Eng. M.Sc., the duration shall be a minimum of 18 calendar months (FENG & FNAS).
- In the case of MBA/MSC, the duration shall be a minimum of 24 calendar months.
- On the expiration of the maximum duration, a candidate may apply for not more than a 12 months extension to the Board of Postgraduate School and thereafter for one more year.
Kindly note that the full list of postgraduate courses offered at NUN Abuja, their respective admission requirements and duration for all PG programmes as seen above would go a long way in easing your selection challenge on which postgraduate course to choose.
We hope the above information was helpful to you, as usual, we receive questions from our readers only via our comment area. If you have the need for extra clarification as regards Nile University of Nigeria postgraduate courses, kindly send your questions to us by making best use of the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
If you are not yet a subscriber to schoolings.org, kindly do so in order to keep getting fresh and unique contents from Nile University Abuja PG school as regards the PG school fees, admission forms, requirements and other relation information.