Nile University of Nigeria is a private university. The University’s school of postgraduate studies offers PG programmes under PGD, Masters and Ph.D. levels in Nigeria. The management of the school of postgraduate studies, NILE UNIVERSITY has official published the list of postgraduate courses offered in NILE UNIVERSITY, therefore, prospective students are advised to go through the list to find the available programmes for their preferred choice.
As usual, I have arranged the list of available PG programmes in NILE UNIVERSITY and their admission requirements based the postgraduate department they fall under and the certificate awarded by the university. I recently updated this post as there were some inclusion of some PG courses which previously were not included among the list of postgraduate courses that are available at NILE UNIVERSITY.
Nile University of Nigeria postgraduate courses are well designed in a way you are able to specialize in sub-courses, as in there are opportunities for candidates to choose an area of specialization. When you carefully go through the list of postgraduate courses offered in NILE UNIVERSITY as seen below, you would confirm that PG courses are offered in the institution are PGD, Masters and Ph.D programmes.
The authenticity of this source of information is 100% because it was gotten from NILE UNIVERSITY postgraduate website so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, I’m confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate programme is best tailored for your future career path.
In this post, aside providing you with NILE UNIVERSITY PG programmes, I will make available other important information such as the PG entry requirements for Masters degree, Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Ph.D. programmes as well as the expected duration for the programme.
I am often faced with the following questions from candidates, most of which are fresh applicants;
What are the masters courses offered in Nile University of Nigeria?
Can I be admitted without my NYSC certificate?
Are Ph.D programmes offered in NILE UNIVERSITY?
What is the duration for Masters Programmes at NILE UNIVERSITY?
Is my transcript needed as a requirement for admission?
What is the admission requirement for Masters degree programme?
Nile University Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Five o’level credits passed in WAEC, NECOm, NABTEB or GCE (o’ level) or their equivalent, including English language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate or letter of Exemption.
- Three referee reports.
NOTE: When coming for registration, all prospective and transfer students should come with their credentials, including their certificates/degrees (first or/and second degree). In addition, students should have a copy of their official transcripts sent (from the tertiary institutions they graduated from) to Nile University.
Admission into the postgraduate diploma degree programme shall be opened to graduates of the Nile University of Nigeria or any other approved University with appropriate degree of Bachelor in any discipline and candidates holding the Higher National Diploma with upper credit shall also be eligible for admission. Candidates with similar qualification but with a lower credit shall be eligible for admission provided they satisfy the Board of Postgraduate School by scoring a minimum of 50% in a qualifying examination administration by the University, may still be considered on individual merit.
Duration of Course (PGD)
The duration of the programme shall be minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 calendar months for full-time study.
- To graduate, candidates must register for courses carrying not less than 36 credits and not more than 40 credits and must earn a minimum of 36 credits including all compulsory and required courses. In addition, candidates must score not less than 50% in the weighted average of the best 36 credits which must include all compulsory and required courses.
- The final determination of the award will be based on the overall weighted average marks scored in all courses and have the following classification:
- Distinction- 70% and above
- Credits – 60% – 69.9%
- Pass- 50% – 59.9%
- Fail – 0 – 49.9%
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- For the M.A., and M.Sc., graduates of Nile University of Nigeria or any other approved University with appropriate University degree of Bachelor with at least a Second class lower.
- Candidates for the MBA (Executive) programme are required to possess a degree from a recognized University or hold professional qualifications approved by Senate e.g. HND (Upper Credit) ICAN, ACCA, ACMA, AIB, ACIS, etc and have at least five (5) years post qualification experience.
Duration of Programmes
- For the M.Eng. M.Sc., the duration shall be a minimum of 18 calendar months (FENG & FNAS).
- In the case of MBA/MSC/M.A, the duration shall be a minimum of 24 calendar months.
- On the expiration of the maximum duration, a candidate may apply for not more than a 12 months extension to the Board of Postgraduate School and thereafter for one more year.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In Nile University, Abuja
College of Health Sciences
Public Health (MPH)—NEW
Faculty of Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (PGD)
Civil Engineering (PGD)
Computer Engineering (PGD)
Petroleum & Gas Engineering (PGD)
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (M.Eng.)
Civil Engineering (M. Eng.)
Computer Engineering (M. Eng.)
Petroleum & Gas Engineering (M. Eng.)
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (PhD)
Faculty of Natural and Applied Science
Computer Science (PGD)
Computer Science (M.Sc.)
Industrial Chemistry (M.Sc.)
Analytical Chemistry (M.Sc.)
Industrial Chemistry (PhD)–NEW
Computer Science (PhD)
Faculty of Management Sciences
Auditing /Forensic Management (M.Sc.)–NEW
Accounting and Finance (MAF)–NEW
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
International Relations & Diplomacy (PGD)
Conflict, Peace, & Strategic Studies (PGD)
Political Sciences (PGD)
Financial Economics (M.Sc.)
International Relations & Diplomacy (M.Sc.)
Conflict, Peace, & Strategic Studies (M.Sc.)
Political Sciences (M.Sc.)
English Studies (M.A.)
Financial Economics (MFE)–NEW
International Relations (MIR)–NEW
International Relations & Diplomacy (MPhil)–NEW
Conflict, Peace, & Strategic Studies (MPhil)–NEW
Political Science (MPhil)–NEW
Political Science (PhD)
Int’l Relations & Diplomacy (PhD)
Conflict, Peace, & Strategic Studies (PhD)–NEW
Did you achieve what you visited this page for? Please note that the above is the current list of available postgraduate programmes available at Nile University of Nigeria. However, if you have any question as regards the above, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I shall respond accordingly.