Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Special programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Are NIJ graduates mobilized for NYSC? YES!! NIJ Grads are usually mobilized for NYSC. Like other graduates from universities in Nigeria, upon completion of the HND program, students who fall within the required age for NYSC and meet all other criteria are mobilized to serve in the National Youth Service Corps.
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Post UTME – ND Programme
- Have 5 O’level (WAEC/NECO) credits, including English and mathematics at not more than 2 sittings.
- Prospective candidates are to sit and pass last JAMB’s UTME with the general cut-off mark
Nigerian Institute of Journalism ND Programme – Mass Communication
Candidate Eligible for NIJ HND Admission
- Have a National Diploma certificate from a recognized institution with at least lower credit and 1 year post-ND industrial attachment experience.
- Meet the requirements for entry level (that is have at least 5 credits in your O’level result in not more than 2 sittings).
Nigerian Institute of Journalism HND Programme – Mass Communication
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Admission
- Have a good HND or University Degree in any discipline
- Show evidence of participation in NYSC or exception letter
NIJ PGD programmes – Postgraduate Diploma in Print, Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations/Advertising.
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Special Programme
The School runs specialized short-term courses for professional practitioners and intending practitioners in specialized areas of Mass Communication, Journalism and allied areas. There are such programmes as Photojournalism, News Writing and Reporting, Editing, Radio and Television Production amongst others.
Non-Refundable Application Fee
- The application form fee is non-refundable.
- The application form can be saved with a view of completion at a later date.
- An application cannot be submitted if the application fee is not paid at the end of the form.
STATUS OF APPLICATION
After submission of your form, you can always check the status of your application by logging into the portal again. However, you will receive important email messages as it relates to your application status.
How to Apply for NIJ Admission Form
To apply for any of the above forms online,
- Fill the Form Carefully. Use a functional Email Address.
- Click on Start Application – Create Account if you have not created account before.
- If You have Created Account, Click Continue Application – Login Here to continue the application process.
please click HERE to start your online registration.
Closing Date of NIJ Admission Forms
The management has directed that the application forms for the 2022/2023 academic session will be closing on Tuesday, July 30, 2022.
Hope this is well understood? if you have any questions as regards NIJ ND, HND, and PGD admission forms for 2022/2023 academic session, kindly reach us via the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
Good luck to all applicants.