What is Biology Education? Why do candidates go for Biology Education? is it the passion for the course or the intentional evasion of Mathematics and other calculation courses? what is the reason for the increase in the search for universities that offer Biology Education? The above questions are still lingering in the minds of many till date.
Truth be told, some students choose courses based on the JAMB approved subject combination requirements and information gotten from people as regards the schools that offer the course. Biology Education is selected in a bid to evade any subject that involves calculations. many student look for courses like Biology Education, Sociology, Law and some Education related courses that do not require mathematics.
In this post, you will see the list of schools that offer Biology Education, the subject combinations, cut off mark as well as the entry requirements for the course.
Biology Education is a course offered in most tertiary institutions in Nigeria, It is a course under the faculty of Education managed by the Department of Biology Education. The importance attached to this post is immeasurable as students during their UTME registration, search for the list of universities offering Biology Education so as to make an informed decision on making a sensible choice based on their catchment area.
Aside checking for universities or polytechnics offering Biology Education as a course, you need to be sure of the correct O’Level and JAMB subject combination for studying Biology Education because in the past, candidates who have ignored this move were either forced to change their school or lost out on the admission for that academic session. So we candidly advice you take the following information in this post Seriously.
To study Biology Education in any of the under listed universities, candidates must meet the following basic entry requirements:
a) Must have obtained a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level credits in the following subjects; Biology Education, Government or Biology Education and three or four other subjects in not more than 2 sittings.
b) Pass the cut off mark for the university or polytechnic of his or her choice. We advice you score a minimum of 250 and above as this gives you a greater chance of gaining admission to study Biology Education into your preferred choice of institution.
The above are the basic requirements from the list of Universities Offering Biology Education. Though other requirements will be communicated to you by the schools when you register for their post UTME admission forms.
List of Accredited Universities That Offer Biology Education In Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA)
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA)
- Adamawa State University, Mubi (ADSU)
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden (AKSU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Illorin (AHU)
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina (AUK)
- Anchor University Ayobo, Lagos
- Arthur Jarvis University, Akpoyubo
- Coal City University (CCU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli (COOU)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau (BASUG)
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU)
- Bayero University (BUK)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bornu State University, Maiduguri (BOSU)
- Bowen University, Iwo (BU)
- Benue State University, Makurdi (BSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Fountain University, Osogbo (FUO)
- Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI)
- Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
- Gombe State University (GSU)
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni (IAUE)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University, Anyigba (KSU)
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology (KSUST)
- Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan (LCU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- University of Mkar (UNIMKAR)
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Rivers State University (RSU)
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa (SLUK)
- Sokoto State University (SOSU)
- Tansian University, Oba
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TASU)
- Usmanu Dan Fodio University (UDUSOK)
- Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Veritas University, Abuja (VUNA)
- Yobe State University, Damaturu (YSU)
- Zamfara State University (ZASU)
The above list is a mixture of private, state and federal universities currently offering Biology Education, this means candidates, Parents or Guardians can make a choice from the above. Most often, it is easier to study the choice of your course when you select a school that is within your Catchment area.
For example, candidates who is from Delta state and selects Biology Education in UNIBEN stands a greater chance of gaining admission to study the course than a candidate who hails from Lagos state or Sokoto state. Many students make the mistake of just selecting randomly without applying the Catchment area principle though this does not apply to Private Universities.
In summary, if you must select a state or Federal university, choose your state or school that falls within your catchment area for you to stand a huge chance of studying Biology Education or any course of your choice.
Hope the above is well understood? if you are still not clear as regards the list of schools or universities that offers Biology Education and their admission requirements, you can get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.