What is Marketing and Advertising? Why do candidates go for Marketing and Advertising? is it the passion for the course or the intentional evasion of Mathematics and other calculation courses? what is the reason for the increase in the search for universities that offer Marketing and Advertising? The above questions are still lingering in the minds of many till date.
Truth be told, some students choose courses based on the JAMB approved subject combination requirements and information gotten from people as regards the schools that offer the course. Marketing and Advertising is selected in a bid to evade any subject that involves calculations. many student look for courses like Marketing and Advertising, Sociology, Law and some Art related courses that do not require mathematics.
In this post, you will see the list of schools that offer Marketing and Advertising, the subject combinations, cut off mark as well as the entry requirements for the course.
Marketing and Advertising is a course offered in most tertiary institutions in Nigeria, It is a course under the faculty of Social Science managed by the Department of Marketing and Advertising. The importance attached to this post is immeasurable as students during their UTME registration, search for the list of universities offering Marketing and Advertising so as to make an informed decision on making a sensible choice based on their catchment area.
Aside checking for universities or polytechnics offering Marketing and Advertising as a course, you need to be sure of the correct O’Level and JAMB subject combination for studying Marketing and Advertising because in the past, candidates who have ignored this move were either forced to change their school or lost out on the admission for that academic session. So we candidly advice you take the following information in this post Seriously.
To study Marketing and Advertising in any of the under listed universities, candidates must meet the following basic entry requirements:
a) Must have obtained a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level credits in the following subjects; English Language, Government or History and three or four other subjects in not more than 2 sittings.
b) Pass the cut off mark for the university or polytechnic of his or her choice. We advice you score a minimum of 250 and above as this gives you a greater chance of gaining admission to study Marketing and Advertisinginto your preferred choice of institution.
The above are the basic requirements from the list of Universities Offering Marketing and Advertising. Though other requirements will be communicated to you by the schools when you register for their post UTME admission forms.
List of Accredited Universities That Offer Marketing and Advertising In Nigeria
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- Caritas University (CU)
- Coal City University (CCU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli (COOU)
- Covenant University, Ota (CU)
- Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Adamawa State University, Mubi (ADSU)
- Air Force Institute Of Technology, Kadunna (AFIT)
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden (AKSU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Illorin (AHU)
- Arthur Jarvis University, Akpoyubo
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo (BU)
- Baze University
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Clifford University, Owerrinta
- Crawford University, Igbesa (CU)
- Christopher University, Mowe (UNICHRIS)
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo (ECU)
- Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
- Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI)
- Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
- Hallmark University, Ijebu-Itele
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan (LCU)
- Pan-Atlantic University (PAU)
- Redeemer’s University, Nigeria (RUN)
- Salem University, Lokoja Kogi State
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa (SWU)
- Tansian University, Oba
- Hezekiah University, Umudi (UNIHEZ)
- Western Delta University, Oghara (WDU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko (EPU)
- Evangel University, Akaeze (EVANGEL)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Legacy University, Okija
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo (MCU)
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Rivers State University (RSU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Veritas University, Abuja (VUNA)
- Western Delta University, Oghara (WDU)
The above list is a mixture of private, state and federal universities currently offering Marketing and Advertising, this means candidates, Parents or Guardians can make a choice from the above. Most often, it is easier to study the choice of your course when you select a school that is within your Catchment area.
For example, candidates who is from Delta state and selects Marketing and Advertising in UNIBEN stands a greater chance of gaining admission to study the course than a candidate who hails from Lagos state or Sokoto state. Many students make the mistake of just selecting randomly without applying the Catchment area principle though this does not apply to Private Universities.
In summary, if you must select a state or Federal university, choose your state or school that falls within your catchment area for you to stand a huge chance of studying Marketing and Advertising or any course of your choice.
Hope the above is well understood? if you are still not clear as regards the list of schools or universities that offers Marketing and Advertising and their admission requirements, you can get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.