Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano is a privately owned university. The University’s college of postgraduate studies offers PG programmes under PGD, Masters and Ph.D. levels in Nigeria. The management of the school of postgraduate studies, YUMSUK has official published the list of postgraduate courses offered in YUMSUK, therefore, prospective students are advised to go through the list to find the available programmes for their preferred choice.
As usual, I have arranged the list of available PG programmes in YUMSUK and their admission requirements based the postgraduate department they fall under and the certificate awarded by the university. I recently updated this post as there were some inclusion of some PG courses which previously were not included among the list of postgraduate courses that are available at YUMSUK.
Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano postgraduate courses are well designed in a way you are able to specialize in sub-courses, as in there are opportunities for candidates to choose an area of specialization. When you carefully go through the list of postgraduate courses offered in YUMSUK as seen below, you would confirm that PG courses are offered in the institution are PGD, Masters and Ph.D programmes.
The authenticity of this source of information is 100% because it was gotten from YUMSUK postgraduate website so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, I’m confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate programme is best tailored for your future career path.
In this post, aside providing you with YUMSUK PG programmes, I will make available other important information such as the PG entry requirements for Masters degree, Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Ph.D. programmes as well as the expected duration for the programme.
I am often faced with the following questions from candidates, most of which are fresh applicants;
What are the masters courses offered in Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano?
Can I be admitted without my NYSC certificate?
Are Ph.D. programmes offered in YUMSUK?
What is the duration for Masters Programmes at YUMSUK?
Is my transcript needed as a requirement for admission?
What is the admission requirement for Masters degree programme?
Admission Entry Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programme
- A candidate seeking admission into a Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a qualification equivalent to a first degree (at least 3rd Class Degree or higher) or a Higher National Diploma (HND) (at least Lower Credit) or its equivalent (provided the University matriculation requirement is satisfied). Such a candidate should have the relevant post-qualification experience as may be prescribed from time to time. However, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) plus professional qualification and Higher Diploma (HD) are not equivalent to HND.
Master’s Degree Programme
A candidate seeking admission into the Academic Master’s Degree Programme must hold:
- A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Degree of Yusuf Maitama Sule University, or any other recognized University.
- Third Class Degree plus a good Postgraduate Diploma at credit level from Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano and a minimum CGPA of 3.50 from any other recognized University or institution.
- Any other qualifications deemed by the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate to be equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- A candidate seeking admission into a Professional Master’s Degree programme must hold: A minimum of Second-Class Lower degree in the relevant area from Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano or any other recognized University.
Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree Programmes
- A candidate who seeks admission into the degree of the Doctor of Philosophy programme must hold an Academic Master’s Degree of Yusuf Maitama Sule University or any other recognized University. The CGPA of the Masters programme should be at least 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00. A Ph.D. candidate who satisfies all admission requirements except the CGPA can be considered for admission into M.Phil./Ph.D. provided the CGPA is at least 3.00.
- M.Phil. from any recognized University with a minimum CGPA of 3.00.
- Any other qualification deemed equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In YUMSUK
Faculty of Education
|Guidance & Counselling||–||Yes||Yes|
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
|Geographical Information System||Yes||–||–||Yes||–|
|Rural Development & Natural Resources Management||–||–||–||Yes||–|
Did you achieve what you visited this page for? Please note that the above is the current list of available postgraduate programmes available at Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano. However, if you have any question as regards the above, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I shall respond accordingly.