The management of Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, FUNAI have rolled out the list of postgraduate courses that are offered in the institution. Every programme, be it full-time or part-time have their unique admission requirements, however, there are some basic compulsory entry requirements for fresh candidates which must be adhered to in the process of application and registration.
Upon graduation, prospective PG students who aspire to further their Education at FUNAI come up with questions like What are the postgraduate courses offered in FUNAI? What are the admission requirements for PGD or Masters programmes, they seldom ask about Ph.D admission requirements. Based on the above questions, we decided to put up a comprehensive article that would give answers to the above questions once and for all.
Recently, the management of FUNAI disclosed to the genera public that they will be introducing 5 new set of PG courses offered at Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, PG school.
Judging from the list of postgraduate courses offered in Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, FUNAI as seen below, you would agree with us that all categories of PG courses are offered in the institution ranging from Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programmes, Masters and Ph.D programmes so please be rest assured that any information gotten in the process of reading this post, we are confident will be of great help in the area of making a good choice as to which of the postgraduate courses is best tailored for your future career path.
Duration For Postgraduate Courses At Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, FUNAI
The info here contains details of the duration of all available postgraduate programme offered at FUNAI under PGD and M.Sc level. Ph.D level, for Masters students, either full time or part tiime, the expected duration of your programmes can be seen below, same applies to PGD and Ph.D students.
|Postgraduate Programmes||Duration of Programme|
|Full-time Master’s degree programme|
Part-Time Masters Degree Programme
|4 – 6 Semester|
6 – 8 Semesters
|Ph.D Full-Time Programme|
Ph.D Part-Time Programme
|A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum often (10) semesters|
A minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters.
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)|
Full-Time Diploma Programmes
|Minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four semesters.|
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)|
Part-Time Diploma Programmes
|Minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.|
List of FUNAI Postgraduate Courses Offered Under PGD Masters And Ph.D Level
Faculty of Science
PGD, M.Sc. and PhD in:
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
M.Sc. and PhD in Physiology
Faculty of Management and Social Sciences
Postgraduate Diploma in:
Criminology and Security Studies
FUNAI POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for admission into a postgraduate programme in FUNAI, all candidates must possess a minimum of credit pass in O’ level English Language. In addition, candidates seeking admission into the Faculties of Science, Basic Medical Sciences and Management and Social Sciences must have a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics
All prospective applicants must possess at least 5 O’ level Credit passes at not more than 2 sittings from WAEC, GCE, NECO or TC II. Any candidate who does not satisfy the O’ level requirements for the courses of choice shall not be considered for admission.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
To qualify for admission into the PGD programme, candidates must:
- hold a bachelor’s degree from the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or equivalent institutions recognized by Senate,
- hold a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized institution, passed at upper credit in a related discipline, or
- hold a third class degree from the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or from an equivalent institution recognized by Senate, with a CPGA not below 2 on a 5-point scale, or
- hold a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized institution, passed at lower credit level in a related discipline.
- Masters’ Degree (M.Sc.)
To qualify for admission into the Master’s Degree (M.Sc.) programme, candidates must:
- be graduates of the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or equivalent institutions recognized by Senate, who hold a Second Class (Hons.), Upper Division degree in relevant disciplines.
- hold the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) of the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or PGD from equivalent institutions recognized by Senate with a CPGA of not less than 4.0 on a 5-point scale.
- Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D)
To be eligible for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) programme, candidates must:
- hold a Master’s degree in the appropriate field of study from any University recognized by Senate of the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo
- have obtained a CPGA of not less than 3.5 on a 5-point scale
Kindly note that the full list of postgraduate courses offered at FUNAI, their respective admission requirements and duration for all PG programmes as seen above would go a long way in assisting fresh PG candidates in making the right selection on the best postgraduate course to select from.
We hope the above information was helpful to you, as usual, we receive questions from our readers only via our comment area. If you have the need for extra clarification as regards Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, FUNAI postgraduate courses, kindly send your questions to us by making best use of the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
If you are not yet a subscriber to schoolings.org, kindly do so in order to keep getting fresh and unique contents from Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, FUNAI PG school as regards the PG school fees, admission forms, requirements and other relation information.