Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters Degrees and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of the School of Postgraduate Studies, Kogi State University, Anyigba, for the 2024/2025 academic session.
In this post, we will be discussing everything about KSU Postgraduate application form for 2024/2025 academic session, how to apply for KSU Postgraduate form online via KSU’s PG portal, the cost of KSU’s Postgraduate form and the closing date for submission of all completed KSU Postgraduate forms for 2024/2025 academic session.
We shall be breaking the process of applying for KSU Postgraduate form in a coordinated manner for ease of understanding most especially for first time applicants. However, applicants that have previously registered and participated in the previous Postgraduate screening exercise but did not make it through can equally gain form this information being posted here.
KSU Postgraduate application form for this academic session is not different from the previous sessions except some slight changes which in most cases do not even surface. Before going into details as regards KSU Postgraduate form for 2024/2025 academic session, we shall be looking at the most frequently asked questions about KSU Postgraduate form by past and present PG applicants. Listing and answering these FAQs would greatly assist applicants who must have had similar questions about KSU Postgraduate form screening application forms in mind before now.
Below are the list of FAQ on KSU’s Postgraduate forms;
Is KSU postgraduate form out?
How much is KSU Postgraduate form?
When will KSU Postgraduate form be out?
Please when is KSU postgraduate screening starting?
Please I want to know if KSU postgraduate registration is in progress?
Please when is KSU Postgraduate form closing date?
Will there be an entrance exam for KSU Postgraduate School?
What are the admission requirements for KSU PG School?
Can I apply for KSU postgraduate programme without NYSC
I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for KSU postgraduate form?
|FAQs on KSU Postgraduate Application Form
|Answers To FAQs on KSU Postgraduate forms
|Is KSU Postgraduate form out?
How much is KSU postgraduate Form?
|KSU Postgraduate form for this academic session is out.
KSU Postgraduate Form is N15,000
|When will KSU Postgraduate forms be out?
|KSU postgraduate application form for 2024/2025 session is out at the moment.
|Please when is KSU postgraduate screening starting?
|The date for KSU’s Postgraduate form screening exercise is usually communicated via their online publication as shown below in this post.
|Please I want to know if KSU postgraduate registration is in progress?
|Currently the Postgraduate form is not yet on sale
|Please when is KSU Postgraduate form closing date?
|KSU PG form closing date shall be announced by the management
|Will there be an entrance exam for KSU Postgraduate School?
|Yes there will be a screening test for all applicants
|What are the admission requirements for KSU PG School?
|Check HERE for the list of KSU PG programmes and admission requirements
|Can I apply for KSU postgraduate programme without NYSC
|The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC Discharge certificate are eligible to apply for KSU postgraduate form
|I am currently doing my NYSC, am I eligible to apply for KSU postgraduate form?
|No you are not eligible until your NYSC discharge certificate is ready.
The above are the most frequently asked questions on KSU Postgraduate forms and the best possible answers. Go through them carefully and you can never be wrong with those answers.
Now in details, KSU’s Postgraduate form comes out every academic session and many of you just rush without waiting to confirm if you are eligible to apply or buy the form which is the reason most get stuck in the middle of the registration process.
Before applying for KSU’s Postgraduate form screening form you must meet the following requirements and eligibility criteria as listed below;
- Complete O’level results
- First Degree Certificate (B.Sc., M.A B.Ed., B.Engr or any HND certificate)
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
Candidates applying for a PG programme at KSU must meet the following basic admission requirements amongst others.
- Must have 5 O’Level credits including mathematics and English language and 3 other subjects relevant to their course of study.
NYSC Discharge Certificate
To apply for a post graduate programme in KSU, an NYSC discharge certificate is a must have, for those without one, a certificate of exemption from your institution is acceptable by KSU. Candidates or applicants awaiting the completion of their NYSC programmes are not eligible to apply as they would not be considered for admission.
For candidates from universities you must have possessed a first degree with a minimum of second class upper and above to apply for a Masters degree programme in any course that is relevant to the course offered in your first degree.
Candidates or applicants with 3rd class and below or HND in any course must first go through PGD (postgraduate Diploma) programme and after successfully completing the PGD programme becomes eligible to apply for a Masters degree programme in Kogi state university.
After you are sure your preferred choice of PG programme is offered in Kogi state university and have confirmed you meet the admission requirements into the institution then you can go ahead and apply for KSU postgraduate application form.
Now let’s take a look at the list of postgraduate courses offered In KSU their admission requirements. The admission requirements are listed just directly under each PG programme.
KSU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Eligibility
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D.) PROGRAMMES
An applicant for admission into Ph.D. programme shall:
- Be a graduate of Kogi State University or any other approved University who has obtained the degree of Master of Arts or Science (MA/M.Sc.)
- Possess a minimum of 3.5 Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses.
- For programmes in Natural Sciences a candidate must possess a minimum of 4.0Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses.
- Candidates who do not meet the criteria in (b) & (c) above can apply for M.Phil/Ph.D. in their respective Programmes where available.
MASTER OF ARTS/MASTER OF SCIENCE (ACADEMIC)
For Masters Degree Programmes (M.A/M.Sc), a candidate is required to:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University in the relevant programme.
- Possess a CGPA of not less than 3.00 for programmes in the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Possess HND and PGD at credit level in relevant fields.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
To qualify for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, a candidate is required to:
- Hold a minimum of Third Class degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University.
- Have a Higher National Diploma (HND) at credit level in related fields.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
All applicants for Postgraduate admission must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree requirement of Kogi State University, Anyigba as follows:
- Possess five ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two sittings in the relevant subjects, including English Language for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, including Economics, Geography and Management Sciences.
How to Apply for KSU Postgraduate Admission Form
The application fee for ALL Postgraduate programmes is N15, 000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira only). Note that all payments are by Remita.
The application form can be downloaded through the following website: www.spgs.ksu.edu.ng
Candidates are required to submit the following items to the School of Postgraduate Studies:
- Completed application form
- Relevant credentials
- 3 Photocopy of e-payment receipt
- Referee forms (3)
Upon submission, the candidate will be given an acknowledgement slip.
- Candidates are required to request their former institutions to forward their transcripts of academic records to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Kogi State University, Anyigba before the closing date of this advertisement.
- Sales of application forms will be announced via the university’s postgraduate portal.
- All completed application forms should be submitted to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Kogi State University,
Did you get what you visited this page for? the Kogi state university PG admission form for 2024/2025 academic session won’t be out for long because the school has a quota they can admit every session so it is expected you purchase your form and start your registration as soon the forms are out on sale.
Best of luck in all your endeavors.