The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board JAMB is the body saddled with the responsibilities of organizing the University Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME) for admission into tertiary institutions (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education and some specialized institutions) JAMB portal was built specifically designed by experts in the field of IT as approved by the BOARD for storing and processing of admission into various higher institutions.
To further strengthen and automate the admission processing system into tertiary institutions in Nigeria, JAMB introduced what is known today as JAMB CAPS (Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board Central Admissions Processing System) to automate the Admissions Process into the tertiary institutions.
- UTME and DE registration
- Checking of JAMB Results/Scores
- Changing of Institutions and Courses
- Correction of Data
- Acceptance of admission
- Printing of Admission Letter
- Uploading of O’Level results into JAMB portal before being considered for admission amongst others.
All you need do is to access the menu on the website and select the service for the reason you accessed the portal.
Generally speaking, JAMB portal is enriched with all you require in doing the above by yourself. All you need is a working internet connection.
I will be explaining the above and including their direct portal links so you can with a click of a button access directly your call to action.
JAMB portal can be accessed by both fresh UTME and DE applicants who are eligible to obtain the form and register.
Please note that to make use of the tools on JAMB CAPS, you must sign in as either a fresh or returning applicant with the details used during your UTME registration which is possible for candidates with NIN. If you are yet to register for your NIN, click HERE to learn how to do so.
In continuation of the above paragraph, you are to sign into JAMB portal using your UTME registration number to login and complete whatever application or action you intend completing online.
See below on how to login to JAMB portal
JAMB PORTAL LOGIN PROCEDURE
To login to the portal for fresh and returning students, the following information are required.
Step 1 – Visit jamb.gov.ng/caps
Step 2 – Click on JAMB e-Facility (Candidates)
Step 3 – Enter your Username and Password
Step 4 – Click on Login to access the portal and complete any action required.
Note: If you are yet to create an account, click HERE to do so.
Upon login in, you should be able to complete any online application, payment or registration so long as you keep your login details safe (Very important).
Since JAMB portal contains all the links required to complete any application online via JAMB CAPS, below are quick links to all applications and registration on JAMB e-facility portal.
- To register for the 2021 UTME registration form visit https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility
- To Check JAMB result or score visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility_/CheckUTMEResults
- To apply for change of course or institution or both, click HERE
- Did you forget your registration number? You can retrieve it by visiting https://jamb.gov.ng/efacility, scroll down to where you see the box for retrieval of registration number. You will be required to pay 1,000 Naira.
- You can print your result slip, admission letter, late application, interuniversity transfer for both local and foreign candidates by visiting JAMB e-facility portal, scroll down and identify the changes you want to effect or application or registration to be carried out.
Please note that all changes or application have their specific fee to be paid as it is show on each box except for checking of admission status which is FREE.
With the above, you are 100% sure of the platform used for making your desired changes to your application or carry out any function available on the JAMB portal.
I hope this was helpful? If you have any question(s) or challenges on JAMB e-facility portal in the course of carrying out any of the above activities, kindly scroll down to the comment section below send your questions and I will be happy to assist.