Chidi Ihezie Okafor, the beloved Nigerian actress and songstress comes into the spotlight. There are many actresses, and there are many singers, but there are not many actresses who are equally good as singers.
Chidi Ihezie Okafor is a well-rounded performer; she became a screen darling because of her emotional interpretation of roles; she is noted for stirring up feelings of compassion from the audience whenever she plays a role that involves crying.
Nobody cries better than Chidi Ihezie Okafor in a movie, she has the natural ability to turn on the taps and let the tears flow. Nevertheless she is quite dynamic; she has the ability to play a wide variety of roles, and to perform them well.
Chidi Ihezie Okafor Profile
- Real Name: Chidi Ihezie
- Also Known As: Chidi Ihezie Okafor
- Occupation: Actor, Singer
- Date of Birth: not available
- Place of Birth: Lagos, Nigeria
- State of Origin: Imo State
- Marital Status: Married
- Net worth: $400,000
Chidi Ihezie Okafor Biography
Chidi Ihezie Okafor is a Nigerian actress who distinguished herself in what is sometimes referred to as the old Nollywood. She came to limelight in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Some of her early movies include Love in Bondage (2002), Evil-Doers (2002), and Submission (2002).
A common denominator in her movies was that she often played the role of an oppressed person; maybe an orphan or a house help who was often maltreated. Crying was her strong point; her ability to interpret characters with so much compassion enabled her to win the compassion and love of the audience.
Based on that, she was able to become quite well established in the movie industry; she has featured in about 100 movies; playing a wide variety of roles. This is how her story started.
Chidi Ihezie Okafor Early Life
She was born Chidi Ihezie, in Lagos state, Nigeria to parents from Obowo in Imo State, Nigeria. She has siblings, although not much is known about them, sources indicate that Chidi Ihezie grew up with her family in Lagos, under the care of Mr. and Mrs. Ihezie who brought them up as Catholics.
She attended both primary and secondary schools in Lagos. After that she proceeded to the Federal Polytechnic Oko, in Anambra state, where she graduated with a degree in Mass Communications.
In an interview with a popular Nigerian newspaper she said that she was inspired to become an actress after watch the 90’s hit Living In Bondage ( Released in 1992) , starring Kenneth Okonkwo. She said that she joined Nollywood the hard way; by showing up for auditions until directors were moved to give her a try.
Chidi Ihezie Okafor Career Progression
The auditions were quite fruitful; Chidi Ihezie was soon favored by directors who gave her a chance. The exact first movie she featured in is not known, but it is on record that she had made her entry into the movie industry by 1993, when she featured in movies such as Billionaires Club and My In-law.
Those movies proved to be important stepping stones in her career because they were very popular, and continue to be rated as some of the top movies of the 90s. Furthermore, even though she actually played small roles in those movies, she was privileges to line up among some of the heavyweights in the business such as Pete Edochie, Kanayo O Kanayo, and Tony Umez.
From there, her acting career took off, and she cemented her name in Nollywood; going on to make around 100 appearances. Some of her movies are listed below.
Chidi Ihezie Okafor Movies
- The Final Clash (Released in 2002)
- Our Society (Released in 2016) TV Series
- Four Sisters (Released in 2008)
- Battle of Indemnity 2 (Released in 2007)
- Battle of Indemnity (Released in 2007)
- Indemnity 2 (Released in 2006)
- Indemnity (Released in 2006)
- My Promise 2 (Released in 2006)
- My Promise (Released in 2006)
- Hard Moves 2 (Released in 2006)
- Hard Moves (Released in 2006)
- 100% Husband 2 (Released in 2005)
- 100% Husband (Released in 2005)
- Women’s Cot 3 (Released in 2005)
- Women’s Cot 2 (Released in 2005)
- Women’s Cot (Released in 2005)
- Nothing for Nothing 3 (Released in 2005)
- Nothing for Nothing 2 (Released in 2005)
- Nothing for Nothing (Released in 2005)
- Christian Girls (Released in 2005)
- Old School 3 (Released in 2004)
- Old School 2 (Released in 2004)
- Not by Height 2 (Released in 2004)
- Not by Height (Released in 2004)
- Dogs Meeting 2 (Released in 2004)
- Dogs Meeting (Released in 2004)
- The Ingrate (Released in 2004)
- The Ingrate 2 (Released in 2004)
- Treasure 2 (Released in 2004)
- Treasure (Released in 2004)
- American Husband (Released in 2004)
- Daddy Must Obey 2 (Released in 2004)
- Daddy Must Obey (Released in 2004)
- Too Close for Comfort (Released in 2003)
- Nwa Teacher 2 (Released in 2003)
- Deceiver (Released in 2003)
- No Nonsense (Released in 2003)
- Wake Keeping (Released in 2003)
- ‘Am in Love (Released in 2003)
- Good Mother 2 (Released in 2003)
- Good Mother (Released in 2003)
- Forever Yours 2 (Released in 2003)
- Forever Yours (Released in 2003)
- Back from America 2 (Released in 2003)
- Back from America (Released in 2003)
- Butterfly (Released in 2003)
- Billionaires Club 3 (Released in 2003)
- Billionaires Club 2 (Released in 2003)
- Billionaires Club (Released in 2003)
- Submission (Released in 2002)
- The Final Clash (Released in 2002)
- The Final Clash 2 (Released in 2002)
- Evil-Doers (Released in 2002)
- Love in Bondage (Released in 2002)
- Osama bin laden (Released in 2002)
Chidi Ihezie Awards
Chidi Ihezie has been nominated and awarded with several top accolades during the course of her career. Some of the awards and nominations (without specifications) are listed below.
Best Actress in a Leading Role at the City People Awards.
Most promising actress in Nigeria at the African Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards.
Best Actress in A Supporting Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards
Exact details of the results of each of the nominations are not available at the moment.
How Old is Chidi Ihezie?
Chidi Ihezie’s date of birth is not available, and as such her age is not known. Nevertheless, from her most recent pictures it is possible to hazard a guess; she looks like she is 51 years of age.
Who is Chidi Ihezie’s Husband?
Chidi Ihezie married her long time boyfriend, in a big splash of a wedding back in 2003. Her husband, Mr. Okafor is a successful businessman from Ideato in Imo State. The wedding was well attended by actors and actresses from across the country.
The marriage is blessed with 3 children.
In an interview with a popular newspaper she stated that the lack of team work was one of the main reasons why celebrity marriages do not last. She said that there is a noticeable trend in which everybody does his own thing separately, and that there is no common goal.
She further stated that she considers herself to be very lucky because her husband has been very supportive of her goals and aspirations; he has been a pillar holding her up.
Chidi Ihezie Children
Chidi Ihezie has 3 children; 2 boys and 1 girl. Their names are not available; but it is possible to guess that they are between the ages of 12 to 16.
Chidi Ihezie took a long break from acting to focus on her family; she did this so as to give her children the needed foundation upon which to build their lives.
She is a businesswoman; the CEO of Sochis Beauty Salon and Spa Center. She is also a TV presenter, and an occasional event host. She is also a musician of the gospel genre, she has a few albums released under her name.
She has recently come back into acting; she was part of a popular TV series in the recent past, and now feelers within the industry indicate that she is in the process of featuring in a block buster movie, along with top actors in Nollywood.
What is Chidi Ihezie’s Net Worth?
Chidi Ihezie Okafor is estimated to be worth around $300,000; the money mostly coming from her work as an actor. Her beauty and SPA business is also quite popular in Lagos; meaning that she is printing money on several fronts. While the estimate of her net worth may be inaccurate, it could very well be more than that.
That is all you need to know about the popular and talented actress Chidi Ihezie Okafor; one of the Nollywood darlings of the early 2000’s. Having made an unexpected comeback into the industry, we expect to see the same fervor and emotion with which she won our hearts back in the late 90’s and 2000s.
It is understood that she has been titled with a chieftaincy; in which case the correct way to address her would be Chief Mrs. Chidi Ihezie Okafor.