Anambra state approved scheme of work and curriculum for English language for Junior secondary school 1 first term to third term is now available online for tutors, parents and guidances who need the scheme in order to keep abreast of what’s expected in the subject. The state ministry of education have recommended a unified scheme of works for all Anambra State Junior secondary schools, in other words, all Junior and senior secondary schools in Anambra State must operate with the same scheme of work for both private secondary schools and public (Anambra State owned) secondary schools in Anambra State.
Anambra state scheme of work just like other schemes of work for JSS 1 first term to third term English language have been provided in details here. Do you know that before approval to operate and own a secondary school in Anambra State. The scheme of work for all subjects must be presented as this is one of the criteria for starting a private primary or secondary school in Anambra State.
For prospective school owners, teachers and assistant teachers, a scheme of work is defined as a guideline that defines the contents and structure of academic subjects. The scheme of work for secondary schools in Anambra State, whether Junior or Senior secondary school, maps out in clear terms, how the topics and subtopics for a particular subject, group works and practicals, discussions and assessment strategies, tests, quizzes, homework and even up to midterm breaks for the academic session ought to be structured in order to fit in perfectly, the approved academic activities for the session.
To further emphasize the importance of this document, the scheme of work for is the complete guide on all academic activities enforced by the State Anambra State ministry of education on all Anambra State Junior secondary schools in as it relates not just to the subjects for the term . It is used to ensure that the learning purposes, aims and objectives of the subject meant for that class are successfully achieved.
English language Scheme of Work for JSS 1 is the same for both private and public secondary schools in Anambra State, that is, the scheme of work for a private school is the same with that of public or Anambra State owned secondary schools, principals and teachers in secondary schools in Anambra State are to adhere to the approved scheme of work as mandated by the ministry of education.
English language is one of the few subjects offered from primary school to university level. The scheme of work for English language provided here would go a long way in not just helping the teachers in carefully breaking down the subject, topics and subtopics but also, devise more practical ways of imparting this knowledge on the pupils using the recommended text books.
There have been a sporadic increase in the search for the Anambra State approved curriculum for English language reason being that English language is one of the most important subjects offered in Junior and senior secondary schools. It is also an important admission requirements for admission into any higher institution. The fact that the scheme of work for English language in Anambra State Junior secondary is the same irrespective of whether the school if public or private, it makes it much easier and brings about uniformity in the educational sector.
This post is quite a lengthy one as it provide in full details, the Anambra State approved scheme of work for all topics and sub-topics in English language as a subject offered in Anambra State Junior secondary school.
As part of the requirements for setting up a secondary school in Anambra State, those interested should note that a scheme of work must be presented to the ministry of Education, you can read further on documents and all that is required for establishing a secondary school in Anambra State.
Anambra State English language Scheme of Work for JSS 1 (1ST 2ND AND 3RD TERM) 2024
SCHEME OF WORK FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE JSS 1 (FIRST TERM)
- Introduction to speech production Vocabulary associated with building portative’s Introduction to literature 1 functions
- The discounted fish Vowel / / and /D/ Vocabulary associated with transport Genres of literature-prose and poetry
- Adjectives Consonants /f/ and /v/
- How to make a candle stand
- Feature of drama as a genre of literature
- Vowels / /
- Vocabulary associated with home and family figure of speech
- Writing composition using simple sentences /paragraphing
- The simple English sentence
- Vowels /i/ and /s/
- Poem analysis
- Consonant /p/ and /b/
- Noun phrases and quantifies
- The zeal for secondary school on the day school began
- Vocabulary associated with the school
- Informal letters
- Play analysis of ‘Tears of a Bride”
- Consonants /t/ and /d/
- Hard work has a reward
- Play analysis of ‘Tears of a Bride’ By Oyekunle Oyedeli
SCHEME OF WORK FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE JSS 1 (SECOND TERM)
- Subject and object pronouns and possession
- Debate writing
- Vocabulary associated with the market
- literary appreciation
- Vowels/u:/ and / /
- Singular and plural verbs
- The verb phrase
- Vocabulary associated with water transfer
- Vocabulary associated with rail transport
- Vowel s / / and / /
- Narrative essay
- Adverbs and adverbials
- Consonants /k/ and /g/
- Consonant clusters
- Vocabulary associated with farming thematic analysis
The founding of Benin Kingdom
- Compound sentence
- Vocabulary associated with agriculture
- Figure of speech
- Vowel / /
- Letter writing
- Informal letters
- Simple sentences
- Consonants /ts/ / /
SCHEME OF WORK FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE JSS 1 (THIRD TERM)
- Punctuation marks – Hyphen, colon, Brackets and apostrophe
- Vocabulary associated with Islamic religions vowel
- Complex Sentences relative clauses
- Register associated with government and polities
- Consonant /o/ and / /
- Tears of a bride
- Future Tenses
- Vowel /e/
- Apostrophes ( )
- The police
- Tears of a Bride continued
- Report writing
- Consonants / / and / /
- Vocabulary associated with corruption
- Poetry “My Mother”
- Preposition in phrases of time
- Capital letters
- Reading from main ideas
- Wrong decision
- Duration – while+ clauses, until + phrases
- Vocabulary associated with cultism
- The taxi driver
- Week 7:
- Complex sentences adverbial clauses vowel / /
Vowel / /
- The use of semi colons c: y
- Dramat : C prose
- Consonants / / and / /
- Writing a diary
This above is Anambra state approved scheme of work for JSS 1 English language for first term to third term. However, you can still go ahead and download the free document JSS1 first term to third term English language for record purposes.
You could help others by sharing this post via Facebook and other social media platforms at your disposal.
If you have any questions as regards English language scheme of Work For Anambra State JSS 1 and we shall respond accordingly.