The Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi [FUAM] is one of the few university of Agriculture in Nigeria dedicated towards providing and promoting sound basic scientific training as a foundation for the development of agriculture and allied disciplines, taking into account indigenous culture and the need to enhance national unity.
There are ten (10) faculties and over thirty (30) accredited courses offered in FUAM, you are advised to go through to confirm if your proposed course of study is offered in the university as we are well aware of the challenges some students face when choosing a particular course of study, because of the cut off marks of courses offered.
Usually, upon choosing a course of study, it is usually advised prospective students or applicants go through some of the requirements required to be eligible to study the course in question, see below basic requirements;
- Candidates must meet or surpass the cut off mark of Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi in order to be eligible for internal screening or admission
- The candidate must be over 16 years of age in the year of admission (Some student swear an affidavit just to increase their ages)
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/L, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
Upon meeting these requirements as stated above, candidates becomes automatically eligible for admission into Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi and internal screening exercise.
LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES OFFERED IN FUAM
Agric & Science Education
- Agricultural Education
- Educational Foundation and General studies
- Science education
Agric. Econs and Extentetion
- Agric. Economics
- Agric Extension and Communication
- Animal Production
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Breeding and Physiology
- Food Science And Tech
- Home Science and Management
Forestry And Fisheries
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Forest Production and Product
- Social And Environmental Forestry
- Wide-life and Range Management
- Agric And Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Crop Production
- Soil Science
- Plant Breeding and Seed Science
- Crop and Environmental Production
- Biological Science
- Computer Science
- Business Administration
- Accounting and Finance
- Veterinary Medicine
Hope this was informative enough? if you have any question(s) as regards the list of accredited courses offered in Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, simply scroll down to the comment section below, post your questions and we will shall respond in no time.
Also, to get the latest information about Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi and happenings in the schools generally in Nigeria, you could subscribe to our blog. Good luck!
OTHER RELATED POSTS