Biotechnology O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering (Biotechnology) are mandated to make use of the same subject combination as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Biotechnology makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Biotechnology in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Biotechnology and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Biotechnology in our universities and polytechnics.
Biotechnology is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Biotechnology or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Biotechnology but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Biotechnology are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Biotechnology in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Biotechnology.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Biotechnology(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Biotechnology in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Biotechnology
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY
Also, in the quest to study Biotechnology, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Biotechnology as a course. Say for example; Since there are 21 universities listed below, they are not just known for studying Biotechnology but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING BIOTECHNOLOGY
Studying Biotechnology as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Biotechnology in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Biotechnology before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY:
Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics or Biology.
CUT OFF MARK FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 260 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Biotechnology due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 260 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING BIOTECHNOLOGY IN NIGERIA
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE– ABUAD
- ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE– ANCHOR-UNI
- ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AKPABUYO, CROSS RIVER STATE– ARTHUR-JARVIS
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT– BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE– BELLS
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE– CRAWFORD
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE– ELIZADE
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE– EVANGEL
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE– FED-DUTSE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE– FUTA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE– FUTO
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE– GOUU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE– KASU
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE– MAUTY
- MICHAEL AND CECILIA IBRU UNIVERSITY, OWHRODE, DELTA STATE– MC-IBRU
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE– MCPHERSON
- MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY, MAKOGI-OBA, OGUN STATE– MOUNTAIN TOP
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, ABUJA– NILE
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE– SALEM
- KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE– UNIKINGS
- WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE– WESTERN-DEL
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Biotechnology as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Biotechnology as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.