The need for the correct O’Level and UTME subjects combination for studying Agronomy as a course in our tertiary institutions cannot be overemphasized as candidates often times tend to ignore the importance of this subject matter thus making it difficult for them to gain admission into the university or polytechnic to study this course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’Level subject requirements plus UTME subjects combination for Agronomy makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Agronomy in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’Level subjects required to study Agronomy and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes, both.
In this post today, I will be giving you full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’Level subjects combination and requirements for studying Agronomy in our universities and polytechnics.
Agronomy is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses students upon graduating from secondary school’s search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Agronomy or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Agronomy but also, the best schools to study this course but this is not to say other schools offering Agronomy are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’Level subjects for studying Agronomy in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Agronomy.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Agronomy(Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Agronomy in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Agronomy
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR AGRONOMY
Also, in the quest to study Agronomy, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Agronomy as a course. Say for example; Since there are 6 universities listed below, they are not just known for studying Agronomy but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL SUBJECTS COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING AGRONOMY
Studying Agronomy as the case may present itself requires that you possess the following:
- To study Agronomy in any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) SSC credit passes in Chemistry, English Language, Mathematics, Biology and Geography or Economics.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and UTME approved subjects’ combination for studying Agronomy before discussing about the cut off mark.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR AGRONOMY:
Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture and Physics or Mathematics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR AGRONOMY
It is advised that prospective students score up to 180 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Agronomy due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 180 JAMB score is enough to see you through so long as you pass your post UTME.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING AGRONOMY IN NIGERIA
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE– ADSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE– ESUTECH
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE– IBADAN
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE– NASARAWA
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE– TSUJ
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE– UNIOSUN
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Agronomy as well as the JAMB approved subjects combination for Agronomy as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.