Religious Studies O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Religious Studies are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Religious Studies makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Religious Studies in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Religious Studies and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Religious Studies in our universities and polytechnics.
Religious Studies is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Religious Studies or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Religious Studies but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Religious Studies are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Religious Studies in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Religious Studies.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Religious Studies (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Religious Studies in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Religious Studies.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Also, in the quest to study Religious Studies, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Religious Studies as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Religious Studies but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Studying Religious Studies as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language and CRS/IRS.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Religious Studies before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Religious Studies:
- Two (2) A Level subjects to include Religious Studies (CRS/IRS).
UTME Subject combination for Religious Studies:
- English Language, CRS/IRS and any other two (2) subjects.
CUT OFF MARK FOR RELIGIOUS STUDIES
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Religious Studies due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, AMUMARA (AFFL TO UNIV OF UYO) – APOSTOLIC
- ASSEMBLIES OF GOD DIVINITY SCHOOL, OLD UMUAHIA. ABIA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UYO) – ASSEMBLIES
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY, ILARA, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – AUGUSTINE
- ARCHBISHOP VINING COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, AKURE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – AVCTA
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAPTIST COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, OBINZE, OWERRI (AFFL TO UNIV OF PORT HARCOURT) – BAPTIST
- BAPTIST COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE (AFFL TO AMBROSE ALLI UNIV) – BCT-BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CALVARY COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, RUKPOKWU, PORT HARCOURT (AFFL TO UNIV OF CALABAR) – CALVARY
- CATHOLIC INSTITUTION OF WEST AFRICA, PORT HARCOURT. (AFFL TO UNIV OF CALABAR) – CIWA
- COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – COAL-CITY
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE – EPU
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE – EVANGEL
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- WORLD HARVEST BIBLE COLLEGE AND SEMINARY, CALABAR (AFFL TO UNICAL) – HARVEST
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IMMANUEL COLLEGE OF TECH AND CHRISTIAN EDUC. IBADAN (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – IMMANUEL
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE – MCPHERSON
- MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY, MAKOGI-OBA, OGUN STATE – MOUNTAIN TOP
- NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN BIBLE COLLEGE, ABAK, AKWA IBOM STATE (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR) – NCBC
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – PAUL
- ESSIEN UKPABIA PRESBYTERIAN THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE, ITU (AFFL TO UNICAL) – PTC
- THE SAMUEL BILL THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE, ABAK, AKWA IBOM STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UYO) – SAMUEL
- SAMUEL ADEGBOYEGA UNIVERSITY, OGWA, EDO STATE – SAU
- PETER AND PAUL SEMINARY BODIJA, IBADAN (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN), OYO STATE – ST PETER & PAUL
- SUMMIT UNIVERITY, OFFA, KWARA STATE – SUMMIT
- SEAT OF WISDOM SEMINARY, OWERRI, IMO STATE (AFFL TO EVAN UNIVERSITY, OWERRI) – SWSO
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE – TANSIAN
- TRINITY THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE, UMUAHIA, ABIA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIG, NSUKKA) – TTC
- UMCA, ILORIN (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, OYO STATE) – UMCA
- KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE – UNIKINGS
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – VERITAS
- WEST AFRICA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, IPAJA, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – WATSI
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Religious Studies and the JAMB approved subjects’ combinations for Religious Studies as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.