Nutrition and Dietetics O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Nutrition and Dietetics are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Nutrition and Dietetics makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Nutrition and Dietetics in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Nutrition and Dietetics and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Nutrition and Dietetics in our universities and polytechnics.
Nutrition and Dietetics is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Nutrition and Dietetics or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Nutrition and Dietetics but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Nutrition and Dietetics are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Nutrition and Dietetics in any Nigerian University or polytechnic.
- Admission Requirements for studying Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Nutrition and Dietetics (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution).
- Cut off Mark Nutrition and Dietetics in any University or Polytechnic.
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Nutrition and Dietetics.
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
Also, in the quest to study Nutrition and Dietetics, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Nutrition and Dietetics as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Nutrition and Dietetics but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
Studying Nutrition and Dietetics as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Physics and English Language.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Nutrition and Dietetics before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry, Biology and Agricultural Science, or Physic.
UTME Subject combination for Nutrition and Dietetics:
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics/Physics.
CUT OFF MARK FOR NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Nutrition and Dietetics due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – LCIT.
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Nutrition and Dietetics and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Nutrition and Dietetics as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.