Islamic Studies O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Islamic Studies are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Islamic Studies makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Islamic Studies in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Islamic Studies and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Islamic Studies in our universities and polytechnics.
Islamic Studies is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study Islamic Studies or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Islamic Studies but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Islamic Studies are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Islamic Studies in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Islamic Studies
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Islamic Studies (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Islamic Studies in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Islamic Studies
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR ISLAMIC STUDIES
Also, in the quest to study Islamic Studies, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Islamic Studies as a course. Say for example; the thirty five (35) universities listed below are not just known for studying Islamic Studies but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING ISLAMIC STUDIES
Studying Islamic Studies as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes to include English Language and Islamic Studies or Arabic and any three (3) relevant subjects.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Islamic Studies before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Islamic Studies:
- Two (2) A level passes to include Islamic Studies.
UTME Subject combination for Islamic Studies:
- Islamic Studies plus two (2) other Arts subjects.
CUT OFF MARK FOR ISLAMIC STUDIES
It is advised that prospective students score up to 230 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Islamic Studies due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 230 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING ISLAMIC STUDIES
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – AL-QALAM
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE – BASU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- COLLEGE OF ARABIC AND ISLAMIC LEGAL STUDIES, ILORIN (AFFL TO BAYERO UNIV, KANO) – CAILS
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE – FED-GASHUA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE – FED-GUSAU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE – FED-KASHERE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – MAITAMA
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE – NOUN
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- D. RUFAI COLLEGE FOR LEGAL AND ISLAMIC STUDIES (AFFL TO BAYERO UNI. KANO) – RUFAI-DEG
- SULE LAMIDO UNIVERSITY, KAFIN HAUSA, JIGAWA STATE – SLUK
- SOKOTO STATE UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – SOSU
- SUMMIT UNIVERITY, OFFA, KWARA STATE – SUMMIT
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects’ requirements for studying Islamic Studies and the JAMB approved subject combination for Islamic Studies as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.