Home Science and Management O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Home Science and Management are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Home Science and Management makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to Home Science and Management in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Home Science and Management and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Home Science and Management in our universities and polytechnics.
Home Science and Management is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Home Science and Management or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Home Science and Management but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Home Science and Management are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Home Science and Management in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Home Science and Management
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Home Science and Management (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark Home Science and Management in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Home Science and Management
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
Also, in the quest to study Home Science and Management, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Home Science and Management as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying Home Science and Management but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
Studying Home Science and Management as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Physics, English Language and any one of Nutrition, Fine Arts, Textile, Construction, Technical Drawing, Basic Electricity, Basic Catering and Food Services, Bakery and Confectioneries, General Metal Work, Men Garment Construction and Finishing, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing, Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing, Ladies Garment Construction and Finishing.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Home Science and Management before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Home Science and Management:
- Two (2) A Level passes or equivalents in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/ Agricultural Science/Economics/ Physics/Mathematics/ Geography/Accounting.
UTME Subject combination for Home Science and Management:
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture and Mathematics or Physics
CUT OFF MARK FOR HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Home Science and Management due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying Home Science and Management and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for Home Science and Management as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.