History and International Studies O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering History and International Studies are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for History and International Studies makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to History and International Studies in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study History and International Studies and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying History and International Studies in our universities and polytechnics.
History and International Studies is a course for arts inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, History and International Studies or the list of universities in Nigeria offering History and International Studies but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering History and International Studies are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying History and International Studies in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying History and International Studies
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study History and International Studies (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark History and International Studies in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers History and International Studies
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
Also, in the quest to study History and International Studies, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying History and International Studies as a course. Say for example; the universities listed below are not just known for studying History and International Studies but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
Studying History and International Studies as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes including English Language, Geography, Government/History.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying History and International Studies before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for History and International Studies:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences subjects..
UTME Subject combination for History and International Studies:
- English Language, History/Government and any other two (2) subjects from the Arts and Social Sciences.
CUT OFF MARK FOR HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
It is advised that prospective students score up to 200 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying History and International Studies due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 200 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
UNIVERSITY OFFERING HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ADMIRALTY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, IBUSA, DELTA STATE – ADUN
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE – AUE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY, OWODE, OGUN STATE – CHRISLAND
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE – EDWIN CLARK
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE – EPU
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE – EVANGEL
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE – FED-GASHUA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE – FED-GUSAU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE – FED-KEBBI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – MAITAMA
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE – MCPHERSON
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE – PLASU
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- RENAISSANCE UNIVERSITY, OJIAGU-AGBANI, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – RENAISSANCE
- RITMAN UNIVERSITY, IKOT-EKPENE, AKWA IBOM STATE – RITMAN
- SULE LAMIDO UNIVERSITY, KAFIN HAUSA, JIGAWA STATE – SLUK
- UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA, TORU-ORUA, BAYELSA STATE – UNI-AFRICA
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE – UNIHEZ
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – VERITAS
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subject’s requirements for studying History and International Studies and the JAMB approved subjects’ combination for History and International Studies as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.