The Fisheries O’level and UTME subjects combination is the same for all schools irrespective of the higher institution. For example, all universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education offering Fisheries are mandated to make use of the same Subject Combo as a requirement for the above course.
Making use of the correct and approved O’level subject requirements plus JAMB subject combination for Fisheries makes the admission process much easier for candidates seeking admission to study Fisheries in their various institutions.
Not many are aware that one of the major reasons for the increase in purchase of change of university and institution is because before embarking on the UTME, most candidates fail to confirm the correct O’level subjects required to study Fisheries and thus making them go through the process of change of course or institution and sometimes both.
In this post today, we shall be giving candidates full details as regards the WAEC and NECO otherwise known as O’level subject’s combination and requirements for studying Fisheries in our universities and polytechnics.
Fisheries is a course for science inclined students in secondary schools and it is one of the most sought-after courses which students upon graduating from secondary school search for online. We will not just concentrate on the O’level subjects required to study, Fisheries or the list of universities in Nigeria offering Fisheries but also, the best schools to study this course. This is not to say that other schools offering Fisheries are of lesser quality.
Upon completing this post, you ought to be clear about the followings:
- O’level Subjects for studying Fisheries in any Nigerian University or polytechnic
- Admission Requirements for studying Fisheries
- Whether you can combine WAEC and NECO results to Study Fisheries (Yes you can though this also depends on the institution)
- Cut off Mark for Fisheries in any University or Polytechnic
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Fisheries
O’LEVEL AND UTME APPROVED SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR FISHERIES
Also, in the quest to study Fisheries, most candidates look out for the best institution for studying Fisheries as a course. Say for example; the seventeen (17) universities listed below are not just known for studying Fisheries but can be regarded as the best schools for this course.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING FISHERIES
Studying Fisheries as the case may present itself requires that candidate possess the following:
- Five (5) O’level credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Language plus any other Science subject.
Now let’s go through the O’level (NECO/WAEC) and JAMB approved subjects’ combination for studying Fisheries before discussing about the cut off mark.
Direct Entry Requirement for Fisheries:
- Two (2) A Level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Science Geography, Mathematics (pure & applied), Physics, Geology and Economics.
- (ii)NCE Agriculture
UTME Subject combination for Fisheries:
- Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other Science subject
CUT OFF MARK FOR FISHERIES
It is advised that prospective students score up to 240 minimum JAMB cut off mark and above to stand a chance of studying Fisheries due to the competitive nature of the course. Though cut off mark may vary from school to school. Ideally, the 240 JAMB score is enough to see any candidate through so long as you pass your post UTME very well.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES OFFERING FISHERIES
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE – CRUTECH
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE – KSUSTA
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
Hope the above information is well understood? If you have any question as regards O’level subjects requirements for studying Fisheries and the JAMB approved subject combination for Fisheries as a course, kindly get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.