What is Zoology? Why do candidates go for Zoology? is it the passion for the course? What is the reason for the increase in the search for universities that offer Zoology? The above questions are still lingering in the minds of many till date.
Truth be told, some students choose courses based on the JAMB approved subject combination requirements and information gotten from people as regards the schools that offer the course. Zoology is not selected in a bid to evade any subject that involves science. many students look for courses like Zoology, and some Science related courses that may or may not require mathematics.
In this post, you will see the list of schools that offer Zoology, the subject combinations, cut off mark as well as the entry requirements for the course.
Zoology is a course offered in most tertiary institutions in Nigeria, It is a course under the faculty of Zoology managed by the Department of Zoology. The importance attached to this post is immeasurable as students during their UTME registration, search for the list of universities offering Zoology so as to make an informed decision on making a sensible choice based on their catchment area.
Aside checking for universities or polytechnics offering Zoology as a course, you need to be sure of the correct O’Level and JAMB subject combination for studying Zoology because in the past, candidates who have ignored this move were either forced to change their school or lost out on the admission for that academic session. So we candidly advice you take the following information in this post Seriously.
To study Zoology in any of the under listed universities, candidates must meet the following basic entry requirements:
a) Must have obtained a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level credits in the following subjects; Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and three or four other subjects in not more than 2 sittings.
b) Pass the cut off mark for the university or polytechnic of his or her choice. We advice you score a minimum of 280 and above as this gives you a greater chance of gaining admission to study Zoology into your preferred choice of institution.
The above are the basic requirements from the list of Universities Offering Zoology. Though other requirements will be communicated to you by the schools when you register for their post UTME admission forms.
List of Accredited Universities That Offer Zoology In Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Achievers University, Owo (AC)
- Adamawa State University, Mubi (ADSU)
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden (AKSU)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau (BASUG)
- Bayero University (BUK)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu (BU)
- Benue State University, Makurdi (BSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Crawford University, Igbesa (CU)
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Dominican University, Ibadan (DU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Federal University, Dutse (FUD)
- Federal University, Gusau (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Lafia (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Lokoja (FULOKOJA)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Gombe State University (GSU)
- Hallmark University, Ijebu-Itele
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University, Okada (IUO)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology (KSUST)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Legacy University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- University of Mkar (UNIMKAR)
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH)
- Paul University, Awka Anambra
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa (SWU)
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TASU)
- Usmanu Dan Fodio University (UDUSOK)
- Hezekiah University, Umudi (UNIHEZ)
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Veritas University, Abuja (VUNA)
- Federal University of Health Science, Otukpo
The above list is a mixture of private, state and federal universities currently offering Zoology, this means candidates, Parents or Guardians can make a choice from the above. Most often, it is easier to study the choice of your course when you select a school that is within your Catchment area.
For example, candidates who is from Delta state and selects Zoology in UNIBEN stands a greater chance of gaining admission to study the course than a candidate who hails from Lagos state or Sokoto state. Many students make the mistake of just selecting randomly without applying the Catchment area principle though this does not apply to Private Universities.
In summary, if you must select a state or Federal university, choose your state or school that falls within your catchment area for you to stand a huge chance of studying Zoology or any course of your choice.
Hope the above is well understood? if you are still not clear as regards the list of schools or universities that offers Zoology and their admission requirements, you can get back to us via our comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.